Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yoanis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 08:11 AM
    Pixma canon mp110
    My printer says that the ink waste absorbent is almost full - how can I fix this?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 23, 2009, 12:15 PM
    I haven't worked on that particular printer, but typically the absorbent pad in the printer needs to be replaced, or alternatively removed, thoroughly washed, thoroughly dried, and reinstalled. There may also be an arcane sequence of buttons that need to be pressed to reset the printer so it knows it has a new pad. For any of these steps the printer's service manual is helpful if one is available. It's a DIY job if you're comfortable disassembling things and have the tools for getting the printer apart if the pads cannot be reached otherwise, however it can be very messy with the potential for ink getting all over the place if it spills. Disposable gloves and anhydrous isopropyl alcohol for cleaning are recommended.

This fixyourownprinter.com: Canon Pixma Mp110 thread may be helpful. Caution: If the printer is reset without the pads replaced or cleaned, there will eventually be ink spillage = unfathomable mess.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jul 2, 2009, 05:31 PM

I could not find the Canon MP 110 so I had to make do with the MP 130. Either way, the information on the Canon website is clear. Get your printer serviced.

Courtesy of the Canon USA Website:

Solution: Ink absorber replacement options - MP130

Ink Absorber Replacement Options

This printer has an ink absorber that takes in ink during the printing and print head cleaning processes. The cleaning process is necessary in order to keep the print head nozzles from becoming clogged. Over the life of the printer, the amount of ink that the ink absorber has absorbed is calculated by the printer. Eventually, after substantial use, the printer will enter an error condition when the ink absorber is nearly full. At this point, printing is still possible. Press the <OK> button to release the error. You will still be able to print for a short period. To protect the printer from damage, you will not be able to print at all once the ink absorber is full.
    Canon recommends having the printer serviced before the absorber becomes full. We are aware that there are many "do-it-yourself" Web sites that offer instructions for making this repair. Replacing the ink absorber is a complicated and potentially messy procedure. Even if the ink absorber is successfully changed, the ink absorber counter must be reset. Be aware that if you attempt this procedure, it is at your own risk.
    If you still have questions about the issue you are experiencing, a Technical Support Representative will be happy to answer any question you may have. You can contact us through the email link or phone numbers listed below.
    • Obtain Support by Email
    • For toll-free technical support, please call 1 (800) 828-4040 during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. EST, excluding holidays).

* There will be a pay for support charge if your product is out of warranty (see next section, below).
    • Toll-free TDD Support Line for the Hearing Impaired is available Monday - Saturday (excluding holidays) at 1-866-251-3752
    • Technical Support is available for Customers in Canada at 1-800-OK-CANON
    If your printer is no longer under warranty :

• For technical support, please call 1 (800) 828-4040 during regular business hours (currently Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight. EST, Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m., excluding holidays). Pay for support is required on all units outside their original warranty, unless covered by a Canon Extended Service Plan. The charge will be $9.99. If it is determined that the problem you are experiencing is due to a failure of the printer's hardware, the pay for support charge will be canceled. If your out of warranty printer is determined to have a hardware problem, you have the option to purchase, at discounted pricing and free next business day shipping , a new or refurbished product from our current product line, which includes units with Canon?s new ChromaLife inks, PIXMA Technology, and a limited manufacturer?s warranty.
    So we may better assist you, please make sure that you can access your Canon product and have the following information available when you call:
    • Product model name and serial number.
    • Computer's operating system; for example Windows XP.
    • Message displayed when the problem occurred.
    • Steps you've already taken to try to solve the problem.
    We look forward to helping you rectify the issue you are experiencing and are always available to provide any assistance you may need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Multifunctional Canon Pixma MP110/130 error 6000 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a multifunctional Canon Pixma MP110/130 with a problem. A message comes up "Check Printer (6000)" this happened whilst trying to print, also the alarm light is flashing. Anyone know how to help? Thanks

Canon pixma mp110 [ 5 Answers ]

Hi,my canon pixma mp110 printer is showing error message 5B00-waste ink absorber full. How do I correct the error ? What can I do to get my printer working ? Nothing in the printer manual to help me. Help please,with thanks

Canon Pixma doesn't use black ink [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a Canon Pixma IP4500, and am generally very pleased with it. However, it seems to use the 3 colour cartridges and the "PGBK" cartridge, but the other black cartridge "BK" doesn't seem to be getting used. I print a mixture of photographs and letters, and sometimes use the "print in...

Canon pixma mp 750 ptinter [ 1 Answers ]

I have a message on the lcd screen saying "waste ink near full". How do I fix this?

My Canon Pixma says NO INK when it has some left. [ 1 Answers ]

I went to one of those ink refilling places and had the black ink refilled (I have a Canon Pixma mp210). The guy mentioned that the printer might continue to say "Low ink," but that apart from that it would work fine. That is exactly what happened and it was working beautifully for about 2...

View more questions Search