Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nickywicky Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 05:21 AM
    I want to open a care agency and baby sitting service from home
    Hi all I am a 33 year old who has just been made redundant from my job as a carer for the mantally handicapped.

I am looking into opening my own agency from home doing both care and baby sitting as I worked nights and live on my own with three children and found it very difficult to find a baby sitter. Could anyone offer me advice about how I start to go about this please as its something I really would like to do
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 23, 2009, 05:27 AM

Do you have any qualifications or certificates as a caregiver ? This would greatly help you in starting up your own agency.

Are you thinking of taking in adults who need care throughout the day, as caregiver relief, and babysit youngsters as well ? This type of agency would require special licensing and access to nursing, Personal Support Workers and most definitely an 'on call' doctor. Possibly you would have to hire staff in accordance with licensing to maintain safety issues.

Ms tickle
    Personal Support Worker and Cert. Nurses' Aid.

Jun 23, 2009, 05:32 AM
    Hi I don't have any qualifications as such just experince lots of it . Plus the training I do in my job which includes giving out meds assessing the needs of indivduals. I have a no of pplo that are support workers that want to work for me . Yes I am looking at opening both maybe indivdual or as the one agency. I know how difficult it is to find someone you can trust. I don't have much experience t how to even start looking into starting up from scratch

Jun 23, 2009, 05:33 AM

I forgot to say I want to provide care in the persons own home .
    Expert

Jun 23, 2009, 05:35 AM

In Ontario anyone without proper certification cannot administer meds or assess, so I am thinking wherever you are, there are regulations as well. Every designation has their own scope of practice.

First, where do you live, what State, what country ?

Tick
    Expert

Jun 23, 2009, 05:38 AM
    Nicky, here is a website which may give you a start with tips on how to get going. I hope it helps.

Home Business Center: How to Start a Home Based Business

www.homecaremanuals.com

Jun 23, 2009, 05:40 AM

Sorry forgot to put I live in lancashire in england. I do have certificates for administiring medication. And first aid qualifications I myself would be looking at doing the business side and not much hands on work if you kn ow what I mean.
    Expert

Jun 23, 2009, 04:17 PM

Hi nicky, I suggest you investigate the local bylaws and licensing fees in your area, it is important we know where you live because it does make a huge difference as to the advice.

If you do have certs for meds and first aid, then you are close to or could be the equivalent of a registered nursing assistant here. You would have to look into that to avoid any possible lawsuits regarding this scope of practice. The key words are malpractice and violations of confidentiality. Please be careful with that aspect of administration when putting together your business plan. Call and visit some similar establishments, ask questions, keep your eyes open. First and foremost, do not over extend yourself in deciding just what you who you want to administer to. You can mix children and seniors, it just doesn't work. Anyway, in England you would have a hard time establishing both as a daycare centre in regards to restrictions. I would suggest you focus on seniors for personal care, ADLs (activities of daily living), and general care in the home environment.

Investigate google.com and pick up on websites that offer advice on grants, etc. You may quality for some if you are caring for seniors in a home environment.

Please keep us posted.

Kindest regards

Ms tickle
    buster202 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2010, 08:43 AM
    Try Bristolbabysitters.co.uk - they offer start up packages and are really cheap for all the stuff you get (website, stationary, logo, terms & conditions, 'how to' manual, plus all the paperwork and forms you need). Give it a go!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 25, 2010, 01:02 PM
    Old thread where the original poster hasn't returned in a long time.

Sufficient enough answers have been given.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I set up a Nursing Home Care Agency using my own home in the UK? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I set up a Nursing Home Care Agency using my own home in the UK?

Home care agency [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about starting a home care agency.

Home Care Agency [ 3 Answers ]

I would like any information pertaining to starting a Home Care business. Any relevant grants or government agencies that are available for funding. Any particular qualifications that are associated for the owner and it's employees. Even any known loopholes.

Setting up a Nursing/home care agency in the UK [ 1 Answers ]

How do I set up a Nursing/home care agency in the UK? Which institutions do I ge to for assistance

Home care agency [ 1 Answers ]

I want to establish a home care agency here in WA. I want to know the step by step process and where to get necessary forms.

View more questions Search