Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cunning is I Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 23, 2009, 11:11 AM

Thanks for reading the posts before your comments guys.

I do believe that they need to share a common goal or a common bond.

Some enjoy fishing, some camping or going on walks. Speaking of walks, there is something that is free to do.

Constructive idea...

Take him... for a walk! Just you and him and holding hands. See how much you can get to know yourself and him better.
    gabriela_dc Posts: 17, Reputation: 6

Jun 23, 2009, 12:35 PM

I guess I forgot to mention I have my own place and expenses.
    Joe Dokes Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriela_dc View Post
    I guess I forgot to mention I have my own place and expenses.
    Several posts wrongfully assumed you were living with him. My advice again, is start looking. You do not seem to have anything there worth hanging onto. Just curious, did he ever repay the moneys you loaned him? If no, start looking today.

Good luck, just visualize and see in your mind your Mr. Right and the law of attraction will bring him to you with a ribbon around his neck.

Peace and Love be with you,

Darryl Kent Springston
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 01:57 PM

Listen you have decide if you want to stay with him or not and put up with his ways.

Complainting about Walmart perfume isn't right because after all it is the thought that counts and some females get nothing for their boyfriends.

He wants to stay in instead of going out because he doesn't have the funds. You stated you don't mind paying his and your way but he does. He doesn't want you to keep paying his way when you can keep that money in your pocket.

There are cheap things to do like go on a pinic instead of a restaurant. Watch a movie at the house instead of going to the movies. The two of you should set at least 2 days out of the month for you two to go out.

Invite some friends over and have game nights. Hosting game nights are fun and another cheap way to have fun.
    oscardog Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2009, 02:34 PM
    Why does it always have to be about you women?

The man remembered to get you something and you were not even grateful enough to see that.

Suck it up and get used to it or get the hell out now cause he isn't going to change.

I agree completely:cool:
    321543 Posts: 72, Reputation: 10

Jun 24, 2009, 03:43 PM

More and more people these days are becoming money wise (Male or Female). Owning Homes and cars are a big worry for some. A home is one of the largest investments most will ever make in their lives. Some may have it handed to them.
    I am a stay at home Husband and Father, if I don't feel like cooking dinner I don't. I do as I wish. I pay for two BMW's, a Lake Home, College for 1 kid and My wife's advance education as well. I still take care of our other 3 boys . She works also. I hate to say it, I am lucky to have money left at the end of the month.
    I guess that makes me a cheap loser as well. Being retired at 43 years old. Now wanting to chill in my home I built from hard work. I guess hard work doesn't count for anything anymore. I say cut the man a break unless you have walked a mile in his shoes. Be thankful that he remembered it was your Birthday.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2009, 03:51 PM

To me it doesn't matter if a guy buys me a cheap gift or doesn't buy me anything at all. In fact in my 54 years I can't remember more than a couple nice things a guy has bought me. Many couples are happy with just being together. But he definitely has money issues that may create more problems than they are worth if he is always needing money from you.
    If he is not good at budgeting and he blows his money and how he blows his money should make you think about long term effects to your relationship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 24, 2009, 06:08 PM

He may be cheap for a very good reason, but just curious, do you ever take him out, and what gift did you buy him?

If you measure a relationship just on money, you really don't have much of a relationship.
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2009, 06:42 AM
    It is hard to tell if he is a tightwad, cheap or using you with the little you have said.
    He may just not be into money and thinking what is fair. He may think you want to go out you pay. He did give you the option of just chillin. You could also go and do things that do not require a lot of money like bike riding and picnic at a park, going to festivals, site seeing.
    He seems like he just likes a more simplistic life style than you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2009, 06:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    It is hard to tell if he is a tightwad, cheap or using you with the little you have said.
    He may just not be into money and thinking what is fair. He may think you want to go out you pay. He did give you the option of just chillin. You could also go and do things that do not require a lot of money like bike riding and picnic at a park, going to festivals, site seeing.
    He seems like he just likes a more simplistic life style than you.

This touched me - this has (for whatever reason) been a sad week for me. Grieving is a strange process. But that being said - Nohelp, you made me smile about the "simplistic" life style remark.

On my first date with my husband somehow I lost a gold hoop earring. I have long hair and I'm sure it got tangled and... I never heard it fall. I was sad. At the time I was working 3 jobs and there was no way I could replace it.

On our second date my husband showed up with a jewelry box with a beautiful pair of gold hoops. I couldn't believe he was that kind and thoughtful and was very hesitant about accepting them. But I did. (He bought me diamond studs for our first wedding anniversary and 99% of the time I still wear those hoops.)

At any rate when I was done staring at myself in the mirror, wearing the earrings, he said, "And this is for you, too." And he handed me a small cooler. Inside was a half gallon of maple walnut ice cream. And he said, "You said it's your favorite."

How could I not marry a man who remembered my favorite ice cream when I only mentioned it once? He certainly bought me nice gifts after that - but I have never forgotten the ice cream.

So, yes, it's the simple things that stay in your heart.
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2009, 07:04 AM

That's sweet
    I know I would have fonder memories of a special little moment that touched me than that they spent a million bucks on me.

I hope OP's boyfriend is not cheap but time will tell if nothing else
    tigerlily2782 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Jul 24, 2009, 07:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tryintolive69 View Post
    your boyfriend is a loser,he is not a man. how do you consider yourself in a relationship and be called a man,when you are borrowing money from your girlfriend. forget all that other info,he's just a typical loser. let him find his own way
    He is not a loser he has his own bills and things he has to pay for to live. And FYI there is nothing wrong with a gift from wal-mart at least he got you something and did not forget. He tried give him some credit. Like someone else said if you think you should get more then find someone else if he can not give you expensive things that you want at least he is trying
    shelbybelle13 Posts: 27, Reputation: -2

Jul 24, 2009, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cunning is I View Post
    ok now a MALE point of view.

Men are inbred to the thought that we must PROVIDE for the women. Women rebel and say we are equals in everything.

So men say we need sex so we compromise on everything. So the man is no longer the head of the house hold although he feels deeply inside that he must provide for his woman but the woman is independent and does not need providing for.

So the "Men of this age" are now confused. We are expected to pay for the house and the car and the food and get no benefits of staying at home to enjoy our fruits of our labor.

Women - who use up to 10 times more words then men - are very social. They network better than men and require AFFECTION rather than sex as their number one need. Thus when the man says "I want to relax at home (unspoken - cause I have worked my off and I am tired and want to enjoy my own dam house that I paid for and now have no money to go out) they get balled out cause they used all their words already!!!

It is time to get "girlfriends" and go out with them and use up your words.

Men are all messed up and feel like we are letting our women down cause we have no money. So respect your man and have some mercy on us. Why does it always have to be about you women?

The man remembered to get you something and you were not even grateful enough to see that. you just come on here and at him - with out his knowing in a very unloving way - and expect us to tell you an answer...well here is it...

Suck it up and get used to it or get the hell out now cause he aint going to change. Women always think that they can change a man...it aint so...

there is a tv show expression...I am a man, I can change, if i HAVE to .... i guess.... ( from the red green show)
    Umm I'm a girl and just to let you know it's not always about us we just think that we need more than we already have to tell you the truth
    tigerlily2782 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Jul 24, 2009, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbybelle13 View Post
    umm i'm a girl and just to let you know it's not always about us we just think that we need more than we already have to tell you the truth
    Say that for yourself not all of us girls think that way... I know I don't and I know a few other girls who think the same as me
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2009, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shelbybelle13 View Post
    umm i'm a girl and just to let you know it's not always about us we just think that we need more than we already have to tell you the truth

Sometimes it's better to remain silent and be thought ignorant than open your mouth and prove it.
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2009, 01:43 PM

I think the line goes it is better to remain silent so you appear intelligent than open your mouth and insert foot.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 01:56 PM

It does sound better that way nohelp.

But from what I understand it goes

Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt
    CanadianCrook Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Jul 26, 2009, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriela_dc View Post
    hello first of all thanks to anyone trying to help me figure this out.my boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year.And i´ve always given hope to the matter that hes not cheap.Truth is he has a house car and bills to pay and an ok job for that, and should I be looking at the very little amount of money he spends on me. . . .for my birthday he gave me a walmart perfume.And lately for months now I have been paying for most of our entertainment.His response to when I tried to talk to him about it was well we dont have to be going out Im okay with just chilling with you here at the house.But I know we have to go out sometimes and those times I guess he doesn´,t have money.Ive also lent him money several times.I dont know but it´s affecting every aspect of our relationship.
    Communication MAN! That's where it all begins and ends.

However.. what happened to the old phrase "Money does not buy happiness?"

IF you are spending more on him then he is on you then.. well you are being less cheap then he is! BUT why does HE have to spend more money on you? I find that statement misleading as you are assuming your spouse (being a male) in which he HAS to spend more money on you because that's the way it is!

The amount of money I spend on my girlfriend.. she has not even spent 1/10 on me. This is the FIRST time I have ever thought about this. WHY? Because I love her and it comes natural to me to want to splurge on her. But that is just the kind of guy I am, I would never of thought to make a thread like this and accuse my girlfriend of being cheap because I spend more on her.

Just saying! :p Think about it!
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2009, 07:08 AM

Who spends how much also depends on the financial status of both parties. If I make $2,000 a week and give my boyfriend $200 gifts, no big deal.

If he makes $750 a week and gives me $200 gifts it's another story.
    CanadianCrook Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Jul 26, 2009, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    He may be cheap for a very good reason, but just curious, do you ever take him out, and what gift did you buy him??

If you measure a relationship just on money, you really don't have much of a relationship.
    Beautifully said. I would give you a positive rep for that comment but I am too much of a newby to be able to :p!

Plus if the guy has a house and a car and only a mediocre job.. then maybe you should give him a little slack.

If you are looking for getting spoiled go date an old guy. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is cheap [ 15 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 3 years and I have a pretty good relationship except for two MAJOR problems . The first is that he has become very unreliable as of late. He used to be really good about calling when he said he would and answering his phone when he knew I was going to call him. Lately, however, he...

How should I deal with my cheap boyfriend? [ 27 Answers ]

Christmas has just passed and I am really hurt and disappointed in my boyfriend. We've been dating for 2 years. He lost 30 lbs and said he wanted new clothes for Christmas. I gave him sweaters, casual shirts, t-shirts, shoes and socks. One of the pairs of shoes were given to him by my sons. My...

Cheap boyfriend [ 16 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together for about a year we are into each other we even talk about marriage.four months ago I got laid off but I told my boyfriend that I quit my job and that I am going to focus on school the truth is that I have been looking for a job but never mentioned it to my...

Is my boyfriend being cheap? [ 12 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 7 years and we've lived together for 2. We're both 26 years old and have good jobs although he makes more than me. We split the rent, bills and groceries 50/50 but when it comes to other things like going out to dinner, drinks or coffee and stuff I expect him to pay...

Is my boyfriend cheap? [ 155 Answers ]

I moved in with my boyfriend about 7 months ago. He owns the house we live in and I agreed to help out with the bills when I moved in. He originally wanted me to pay for half of every bill but I just cannot afford this. I make 30,000 a year and he makes 95,000! I am currently paying over 1/3 of...

View more questions Search