Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maaztech Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 11:14 PM
    Why did you choose this career?
    Please brief up.
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jun 29, 2009, 06:49 AM

What interviewers are looking for when this question is asked is the reason that you want to work in this field.

They want to see enthusiasm for the work, they want to know that you are truly interested in the job and it's duties and not just the pay to be received.

For example say you are applying for a customer service job.

Here is a good answer and a bad answer:

A good answer would be "This has always been a job that I have been interested in." " I enjoy working with people" "I would feel good about finding a solution to a challenge a customer had." I enjoy talking with other people and communication is one of my strength's."

A bad answer would be:

It is an easy job to do and I would have a steady paycheck. Or another one would be:

I just need a job.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What Career Path Should I Choose? [ 8 Answers ]

I did the Navy thing for 4 years before going to college; this is a big career change for me. I realized the possibility of making bigger gains by being independent and successfully completing a college degree. However, I miss having a salary, having surplus cash, being able to buy Subway or better...

Why did you choose this career [ 9 Answers ]

Why did you choose civil engineering as career?

I am well-rounded, now what career do I choose? [ 2 Answers ]

All right, here are the facts: 1. I get great grades in every subject in school 2. I love everything from art to math to science to history 3. I am willing to go to school as long as I need to 4. I am hardworking and determined 5. I am great with people 6. I am in great shape 7. I want to...

Who should I choose? [ 12 Answers ]

I have been single for quite a while and then all of a sudden I met a friend who I was at school with which was over 5 years ago for names sake I will call him John, well we became friends and then one day out of the blue he asked me out, we get on really well as friends and was a bit shocked when...

View more questions Search