Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mom2six Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 03:46 PM
    Prices of a 3 ton trane unit
    I need help. I'm a widow and don't know about this stuff. My geothermal heating/ac unit went out and the technician said it was the fan motor and that it would cost about a $1000 to replace. He said he could put me in a 3 ton Trane unit for $3700 utilizing the existing duct work. Does that seem like a fair price? I thought it did but wanted a second opinion. Thanks.:)
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 08:25 PM
    You are so right,, you should get 2nd and 3rd opinions,, get several more different companies to come out and give you an estimate
    Where I live the costs of labor or equipment would vary from your area

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane outside unit not kicking on [ 64 Answers ]

I have an outside A/C unit that does not do anything, I replaced the thermostat over the winter, the heat kicks on with the furnace no problem, but at the thermostat you hear the click when setting the temperature below room temperature, but nothing happens out at the outside unit. I checked the...

My Trane Unit is frozen over [ 3 Answers ]

My spouse is deployed and I put the filter in the wrong place. I placed it at the bottom of the unit where the vent is.:confused: I found out that I put it in the wrong place by opening the unit door and opening another cover where I found the Frozen and Dirty Filter. I have turned off the unit...

Same Trane Heating Unit [ 1 Answers ]

I am having the same problem with my trane unit, which came from a switch in the auxiliary heat, I know that this is a problem that has been going on with trane units. I have a friend that works for them in Charlotte and he let me know that these units have been experiencing these problems for a...

Trane package unit [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all I'm having a problem with a unit runs good ,cools good, unit will run fine then just shut off ck unit giving no codes reset unit it runs fine until it just shuts off again

Trane a/c unit [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn the a/c on inside the trane unit outside is making a loud buzzing sound. What can I do?

View more questions Search