Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    [email protected] Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Aug 4, 2006, 09:55 PM
    Okay, lets talk about coincidences for a moment. Kenobi4 is from the "same general area" as Two Worlds United. Hey, maybe those Floridians stick together or...
    Why is it when you dial up a Two Worlds United fax # it switches to a # in Reston, VA where Global Learning Semesters is located?
    I really have a hard time believing in random coincidence. What do you think?
    And, beating the very dead horse again, I can't help but point out the loss of our want to be fix it guy: Kenobi4. Just can't come up with those glowing reports?
    And really, where is TWU?
    LiLcUpPyCaKe Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Aug 5, 2006, 02:44 AM
    Chale! Look at all that's happened... I should get on here more often seeing as how I can... well,all I can say is que mala onda... TWU is still up to no good... well, here's something for TWU, its part of my favorite song but here
    "your heavens a lie"

Aug 7, 2006, 02:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by LiLcUpPyCaKe
    chale! look at all thats happened...I should get on here more often seeing as how I can....well,all I can say is que mala onda...TWU is still up to no good...well, heres something for TWU, its part of my favorite song but here
    "your heavens a lie"
    Thanks for the comment on my slang... is it that safe to post something like that here in this forum?
    mireso Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2006, 03:39 AM
    Hi, It's horrible what I heard about two worlds united, 'til that point I couldn't even imagine that it is possible that a company can still exist with just cheating people. I was wondering where your daughter wanted to go for an exchange.
    -Miriam-

Where will your son spend his exchange year?

Aug 7, 2006, 10:28 PM
    Who are you asking?
    GloriaLee Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Aug 8, 2006, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenobi4
    What is the world coming to?

This may be completely unrelated, as I am wellll past being a high school student, but while I was searching for a way to leave our grand country, TWU came across as a foreign exchange program, along with numerous postings relating to the company in AskMeHelpDesk. I have to admit, while irrelevant to my needs, my interest was definitely peaked by the numerous complaints and accusations towards this company. I delved deeper, and in fact went so far as to review the application process and forms needed to travel abroad through TWU.
    D
    Maybe Kenobi finally found a way to leave our grand country and took it. Sr.Karlos, where did you send him?

Aug 10, 2006, 12:44 AM
    So trying to follow the rules here---but doesn't it seem the least bit strange that Kenobi4 who offered to liase for us is gone?
    Maybe TWU contacted through this site believes it would be an "admission" to respond. I get that. Rick or CurlyBen, any ideas as how to invite TWU to respond without the admission? Do we really care? Can you send them a non-askme email?
    I'm just thinking that if we let them come on without a prior admission, that would be reasonable. Since I am precluded by a letter from their attorney, (although I am about 2 minutes from complying with that) I can't contact them directly. I know that Rickj sent a note through their contact site, but now that we know their address? Let's think.
    GloriaLee Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Aug 13, 2006, 10:13 PM
    I guess I was beginning to have higher hopes for Sr. Kenobi than slinking off into the noche. Next?

IUGR, I don't really get what admission TWU would be making via a post on this thread; at least what more admission than they have already made by posting under assumed identities. Also, I don't understand why a letter of demand or threat from their (TWU's) attorney has any enforceability. Wouldn't an order by a court of law be required to keep you ,or anyone else, as a dissatisfied customer from making inquires about your horrible situation and possible remedies? I wonder if the SBA has any influence on such a puny and incompetent yet destructive entity. It seems a strong possibility that many young lives will be/are being adversely affected while the AG considers this frightening situation.

Aug 14, 2006, 05:21 AM
    Good points. I guess I'm just trying to figure out why TWU doesn't stop hiding and just come forward and answer all of us. It's clear that Kenobi couldn't come up with any pro TWU sites... I guess I was (am) just speculating as to why TWU doesn't drop all pretense and respond. Interesting comment about the SBA, but again I think the problem is that they have no "enforcement" capability. And, yes, you are right about the demand letter---it's purely sabre rattling. As to the various Ags---we wait.
    exchanger Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2006, 02:49 PM
    I too have had a less than desirable experience with this company. Fortunately, I learned quickly and withdrew my application with them after we accused them of committing mail fraud. I believe that I am one of the very few people that was able to get refunded. If yo want to do an exchange, choose a reputable organization like AFS or Rotary that has been long established. Don't be fooled by flashy websites. I am now going next year with AFS and I couldn't be happier about the support AFS has given me. Switching to a reputable organization could possibly the most important decision you could ever make.

Aug 29, 2006, 01:30 AM
    I need to start coming on this thing more... one question on my mind still remains... how low will Two Worlds United stoop before they realize that they have dug themselves deep in the lions pit?
    kkac Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Aug 30, 2006, 02:41 PM
    It is truly amazing that Two Worlds United is still in business. I have a web-site at www.twoworldsunited.info and have seen some great discussion here as well as hearing from people who are not using this agency because of a lack of concern and professionalism in TWU's part.

My daughter who was sent to England had a lot of the same expereinces that I have read on this board. She was sent to a foster home there and had very little contact with the country coordinator. She was put in a compromising position by a twelve year old in the home and came home immediately, this after a little over a month with the program. TWU denied anything could have happened as well as the foster parents who owned the home. Naturally, no refunds were given for the year program.

I just want to encourage anyone who would consider going with TWU that they save themselves a lot of heartache and money and find a sending organization that has an idea about how to run a business. Our daughter is still in counseling over the issues about TWU and our lives have been severely impacted by them. Still to date, no response from Two Worlds or their attorney. No real surprise there...
    Hershey151 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2006, 06:37 AM
    I used to work for this company in the 'Tampa' office, and I can tell you first hand that this is not a reputable company, they are completely unorganized, and I would advise anyone to do a lot of research before sending their children abroad with this company. I witnessed incidents firsthand, and I know they currently have several active complaints with the Better Business Bureau. The Tampa office has closed several times due to mismanagment, has had to move offices, and has a bad reputation with the local business commuity. My dealings with the California office were brief but when I questioned their lack on information on what the programs would entail, or how participants could contact their host family to confirm, I was told those details were not available.

Sep 27, 2006, 08:11 AM
    Thanks so much for validating what we've been saying all along. Can you tell us how long you worked there and if you were aware of any of the complaints listed here? What was the procedure for handling complaints and problems? I for one would be very appreciative of any details you could give us.

Sep 30, 2006, 09:33 PM
    Ohhhhh--I so love you for writing in. Can you devulge a bit more about the project? My fear is that they will shut down TWU and /or operate under a different name. Email me if you don't want to talk here. I promise I will not repeat anything you've told me privately without your express consent. Thanks so much for your contribution!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 12:33 PM
    Have you read this thread? You should get the answers you are looking for there.
    Michele Hall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 20, 2006, 09:43 AM
    Comment on [email protected]'s post
    I was about to fill out prelim application and became suspicious. Glad I looked.

Nov 3, 2006, 08:12 PM
    Apparently I am not worthy of TWU's attention. Haven't heard a peep and I too am not surprised.
    kkac Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Jan 4, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Please do not send you child with this group.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Kkac,
    You should build a web page and post the pictures. We'd help advertise the site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Seprate worlds! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I recintly switch schools... and well sorry for my lack of modisty but I am a good looking guy and I had a lot of friends at my old school. Now at my new school I have a few friends who are not really like popular but I still care for them a lot . I wouldint ditch them or anything. This is...

War of the Worlds [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I could find a timeline of all of the events in the book The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How to respond... [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: So, I posted a couple weeks ago, if that, about a relationship I was just getting out of. I was having a really hard time with deciding whether to give him another chance and decided that it would be a good idea to stay moved out and go from there. He has still been pursuing me (ie...

View more questions Search