Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LiLcUpPyCaKe Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jun 1, 2006, 10:38 PM
    I wouldn't trust TWU with anything, much less a travel abroad experience... I've had a horrible experience with this company... Im actually a student who was supposed to leave this year but due to lies and decit here I am still in the US and Im heartbroken since I will never see the country that I dream of at night and spent so much time learning their language... and its hard on me since TWU not only ruined my high school experience but because of them, the terms between my father and me got worse... I do know this... if a TWU person fakes to be someone and says things, doesn't one of the constitutional rights or amendments state that we have freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of assembly? Don't we also have a right to take back our lives in order? And the 13th amendment clearly states that there is to be no cruel and unusual punishment while on US soil... and all that TWU is doing, is cruel punishment... they are punishing teens for having dreams!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2006, 09:56 AM
    I had a great fun reading this thread because I love it when crooks get caught out. In this case they tried posting as various different people thinking they were completely anonymous, that the rest of the world is stupid, and no one is as crafty as they.

Well done Mods! :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 2, 2006, 01:59 PM
    Well, they do everything else illegal don't they!!
    [email protected] Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Jun 2, 2006, 03:06 PM
    No problem burned by--if you want I'll send you the pics.
    LiLcUpPyCaKe Posts: 7, Reputation: 3

Jun 2, 2006, 09:38 PM
    I might be able to see that ladys myspace profile... only people under 18 can see it if you h ave myspace... so what's her URL?
    AliciaSt1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2006, 09:52 PM
    I went with twu from oct 2003 to July 2004. Paid almost $10,000 all together. DO NOT GO WITH THIS ORGANIZATION!
    Trying going with Rotary Club or another organization with credentials...
    Company claims to be non profit but you will never see your money again and your host family will not see any money
    There are no reps to get in contact with in other countries
    Did not tell me where I was going until 4 days before I was suppose to leave
    My host family got barely any money for me being in their house eating their food etc...

I did end up having a great time I got along great with my host and I became part of their family that she let me stay even when she wasn't getting paid...
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2006, 11:38 AM
    Two Worlds United is not a Member of the Florida Better Business Bureau:
    http://search.bbb.org/viewreport.php...0653&type=name
    Some complaints are noted against them there, though.

Their rating is F in California:
    http://www.santabarbara.bbb.org/BBBW...anyID=14000515
    SouthernSpecial Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2006, 05:02 PM
    (Hi, my names David and I'm new here)Wow. I was thinking about choosing them for my study abroad program. But after hearing all of that I am forced to assume that they really are a scam.

Can someone suggest a good program for high school students? I've been looking at AYUSA(too expensive and they just cancelled the program I wanted) and ASSE(it seems pretty good).

I thought something was fishy when I noticed that the AYUSA site and the TWU site had almost the same word-for-word FAQs. And, if this makes any sense at all, I always felt 'alone' on the TWU site.
    only an interview Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jun 30, 2006, 07:54 PM
    Hi,

I was offered a job with Carlos Diez's organization in Tampa, FL. While conducting my research on the company I came across this blog. I must admit I wasn't sure what to think at first, as my fist interview with Carlos went great. I was actually very excited about working at such a great organization. After reading the blogs as well as the numerous reports on the bbb websites, I'm reevaluating my previous beliefs about this "organization." My second interview was supposed to be with Carlos, but he did not even show up. Finally after waiting 15 minutes with no clue what was going on, this lady named sara called me back to ask me some questions. I began to ask her questions about the company, and she couldn't even answer most of them. She told me that only Carlos could answer those things.

I know that you guys are looking for a physical address for this company. Well here it is. It's in the Bank of America building on the 14th floor. 101 E. Kennedy Blvd. Suite 1465 Tampa, FL. (I don't know the zip) The office that I went to for my interview only had 3 desks and a copy machine with wires taped across the floor. The explanation I was given was that the permanent office was under construction, and would be open in the same building within a few weeks. They are now branching out to do study abroad programs for college students. The new company name (although they informed me that Two Worlds United will still be operating for high school students) is GLOBAL LEARNING, INC. I thought that this information might be useful to you.

Signed

Thank God I found all this out before I quit my current job to work there!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 30, 2006, 08:59 PM
    Man, this IS what I love about the internet. Its making the whole world one humongous village and the anonymity the bad guys hide behind is rapidly disappearing. Bravo, all of you!

Jun 30, 2006, 09:14 PM
    Yes! Thank you all, once again, for stopping me from making a big mistake with TWU. I think I'm going to be very happy with ASSE(unless someone else has another suggestion). And for the people that have already been scammed... keep fighting!

Jun 30, 2006, 11:46 PM
    Only an Interview---Wow! Great info, everyone start looking at Global Learning Inc. If it's a TWO WORLDS UNITED project BEWARE! The description of world headquarters is just as I had pictured it! So happy this forum prevented yet another huge mistake!
    AlaskanAmanda Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Jul 1, 2006, 02:14 AM
    I am so glad that I've learned about their new name and that their operating under it for college students. I'm just starting to look at new programs FOR my college exchange and I would have had to SHOOT somebody if I'd gotten saddled with the same company.
    bped Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2006, 04:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD WITH TWO WORLDS UNITED!!! Please see my website: www.myexperiencewithtwoworldsunited.com. Please contact me through the attached blog for more information. Also, contact your local FBI office. This company is a scam, you will not get anything you were promised.
    I almost sent my son to China through this company. THank God I saw your blogs by googling the company for references before doing so. I'm out $4k but thankfully my son has not been affected. How can my husband and I help put these people out of business?

Quote Originally Posted by drbecker
    Has anyone had any experience with Two Worlds United, a foreign exchange placement service for high school students? I am beyond the frustration level trying to get them to acknowledge me since they failed to place my daughter last September and will not refund me any of the thousands of dollars fees that were all paid in advance. I mean they will not answer e-mail or phone messages (they do not have live people on the phone, just leave your name and number and we will call you back). When we were applying and paying they were always available.
    Can you let me know how you're making out with TWU? Has anything transpired since your posting?

Jul 1, 2006, 08:41 AM
    What happened with your son's arrangements to lead you to bail out? Have you tried to get your money back? (Not that it does any good.)
    GloriaLee Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

Jul 1, 2006, 09:05 AM
    Can anyone make use of the address 'only interview provided'? At least it's a real location where goons could serve papers on Carlos the imposter.

Jul 1, 2006, 03:11 PM
    I have checked Google, but I was thinking more along the lines of Primetime or 48hrs Investigation. They should really watch who they rip off. Someone just might know the right people to get them exposed.

Jul 1, 2006, 05:19 PM
    You would think the BBB's rating of TWU(F) would stop most parents from even thinking about this program. If you didn't know, F is the lowest rating. It means:

"We strongly question the company's reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law's licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company's industry is known for its fraudulent business practices."

Umm... yeah I think that sentence pretty much sums up TWU, from what I've heard.

Jul 1, 2006, 06:19 PM
    The trouble with that rating is that it's for California. I researched TWU in Tampa, Florida where they are supposedly located and it came up not rated. I've been on the computer for quite some time and have found a website for the US Dept of State which monitors student travel programs. Come Monday, they'll be hearing my story.

Jul 1, 2006, 09:08 PM
    BPED--please contact me via my email. Since we all know that TWU is cruising this forum regularly, I am not comfortable discussing potential action within this thread. Oh, and by the way, should anyone who is not a true TWU complainant contact me via my email--please know that we have the ability to ID you and IF you try to scam us, we will pursue all legal remedies available to us.
    I know I'm repeating myself, but the description of TWU's world headquarters is so exactly how I pictured it--tell me, was there a naked lightbulb hanging from the ceiling? Temporary? Yeah, and YOU WILL GET REFUND!
    We love our mods!

So Would ONLY AN INTERVIEW and BPED please go to my website and blog on--the more hits and entries the more quick it moves up the search engines sites. Thanks! (Cuppycake where are you?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Seprate worlds! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I recintly switch schools... and well sorry for my lack of modisty but I am a good looking guy and I had a lot of friends at my old school. Now at my new school I have a few friends who are not really like popular but I still care for them a lot . I wouldint ditch them or anything. This is...

War of the Worlds [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I could find a timeline of all of the events in the book The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How to respond... [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: So, I posted a couple weeks ago, if that, about a relationship I was just getting out of. I was having a really hard time with deciding whether to give him another chance and decided that it would be a good idea to stay moved out and go from there. He has still been pursuing me (ie...

View more questions Search