Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GloriaLee Posts: 34, Reputation: 5

May 30, 2006, 02:36 PM
    I think, Josh-dad, that the reason all these people are on this thread expressing concerns (including Josh) about TWU means they are the ones looking for answers. Curlyben is a moderator, not one of your consumers. You could answer all their questions directly right here!
    joshualite Posts: 5, Reputation: 2
    -

May 30, 2006, 02:40 PM
    And who I am talking with?

Rick? Or

May 30, 2006, 02:43 PM
    Sr. Josh Dad, seems like you need to calm down, Rickj hasn't posted a thing about your "organization," but several moderators and individual clients of yours have asked you to answer some direct questions.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 30, 2006, 02:45 PM
    Josh's father,

Address your response to me and the rest of the board and we'll go form there.
    This whole discussion needs to be out in the open and free for all to see.
    The need for my personal contact information is odd indeed and rather underhand.

BTW for your information I'm in the UK and so have no dealings with TWU.
    In this case I'm the most unbiased person here.

So fire away what have you got to say ?

Ps there is NO Mr in my name, just Curlyben will do.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 30, 2006, 02:48 PM
    Joshualite, I congratulate you for locating my office number that is very public information. I manage apartments for a living and help out on this site because I believe in it's mission.

If you have something productive to say then say it.

PS. I had never heard of TWU until I saw this thread. The frustration of these people led me to do a little digging and I see their frustration: The company has no email address and only a phone number. Out of curiosity I've tried it a few times at varying hours. Never got an answer; just voicemail.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 30, 2006, 02:51 PM
    I have been watching this thred only because my sister-in-law is considering this for my niece and I have been trying to talk her out of it. I think now I have the proof I needed.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 30, 2006, 02:52 PM
    Now Josh I do believe that the topic in hand is TWU, so would you kindly stick to it.
    Thank you in advance.

Ps a Supermod is the closest thing to God where this site is concerned

May 30, 2006, 02:54 PM
    And I would bet your experience with TWU comes from inside the company, not as a client or parent of a client. Why are you so evasive?
    Expert

May 30, 2006, 03:03 PM
    As I said before, I now have the perfect ammunition to show my sister-in-law why not to use this agency.
    [email protected] Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

May 30, 2006, 03:03 PM
    Well put, burned by, I couldn't agree more.

May 30, 2006, 07:43 PM
    Interesting comment, burnedby. It appears to me that none of the Joshua personalities track conversation very well; maybe it is sort of a sensory overload that makes he/she shut down. Or maybe they are off concocting a new cyber disguise.
    Expert

May 30, 2006, 08:15 PM
    Or could it be an artificial intelligence such as mentioned in another thread?

May 30, 2006, 08:53 PM
    There you go, trying out an "e-nose and mustache" elsewhere first.
    drbecker Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 31, 2006, 05:41 AM
    To all.

This all began with my very real frustration and because of the internet and this site I found that I was NOT ALONE.

We are not the ones who are doing wrong here. WE HAVE BEEN WRONGED. Our claims are real and just as evidenced by the many grievances, claims and reports filed with every possible Office, Agency, Bureau or Authority. These include the FBI, FTC, the BBB in Florida and California, the Attorneys General from both states, Senators, Congressmen, and I’m sure there are many more THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE LIST!

If TWU is indeed an honest company, then why are they not available to address our claims? A reputable company would not hide. TWU needs to answer our questions, make reparations where justified and STOP PREYING ON INNOCENT YOUTH!

I thank all who stand together with me in this fight and all who hear our pleas and recognize our cause. WE WILL CONTINUE.
    [email protected] Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

May 31, 2006, 05:16 PM
    What a ridiculous bunch. Honestly, if they put as much time and effort into running a business that meets their customers needs, we wouldn't even be here. As far as I'm concerned, 50 people could post tonight saying what a wonderful organization they are and I wouldn't believe a word--their credibility is shot. (Again)

May 31, 2006, 07:37 PM
    Too funny, "The Many Faces of Carlos" (who seems to be the original player, if I read the history right). Today he claims to be legitimate because of a myspace page, where no one uses their real names, ages, sex, etc. For those of you who have had the unfortunate experiece of trying to do business with him/her, why not take (them) up on the offer to sue? I think I see a promise of refund of all but $95.00. JoshDadCarlosSarahMichelleKim, why don't you just make good on that, and then concentrate on delivering a legitimate service to any future clients you might still have?

May 31, 2006, 07:40 PM
    Or,JDCSMK, looks like you could spend some time researching how to better hide your plainly obvious cyber trail of silly false identities.
    SCREWEDBYTWU Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 31, 2006, 11:04 PM
    My 16 year-year old grand daughter feels so bad that she was suckered in by the TWU scam, and their slick website, resulting in me getting bilked out of $2150. In spite of being almost totally ignored for over 6 months by TWU, except when it was time for another payment, we never caught on until they insisted we owed them more money, after we made out last payment and continued to press for host family info. These clowns are crooks, and crooks with no conscience, in the end they claimed to have a host family, with details to follow soon, and book the flight to Chile, this two weeks before the departure date, after over 6 months of pressing them for information, at least we had the sense not to throw more money away, thanks partly to the horror stories in this forum, AND SURE ENOUGH NO HOST FAMILY DETAILS EVER FOLLOWED.

Why is it you can end up in jail for relatively minor crimes, and these crooks can steal thousands and worse, put our minor children in harms way in foreign countries and no one seems to care?? Especially after the Hollaway girl disappeared, you would think this would be an issue of interest for the FBI. You would think the attorney general of Florida or California, or even Google might give a hoot, but I think getting the truth on Googles first page of TWU hits is your best bet. After my grand daughter did a TWU blog of her experiences, they actually called (first time!) and promised a refund if we took the blog down, which we did, guess what - NO REFUND!
    Apparently, the agencies that should be protecting us are all as dysfunctional as FEMA, so don't let Two Worlds United intimidate you with their threats of legal action, get the word out any way you can.

Jun 1, 2006, 08:23 AM
    Wow, another victim. There have to be a lot more out there, and ScrewedbyTWU makes some good points; do I infer that Two Worlds United is threatening them with legal action? I wonder how much money Two Worlds United has scammed, and off how many families. I would be willing to bet that there have been kids who's experiences with Two Worlds United have resulted in far worse consequences than losing money. This is a tragedy about to happen, if it hasn't already.

Tampa Kim ought to be concerned about her new employer's ability or willingness to make payroll, given his recklessness with other peoples' money, and blatant lack of ethics. Tampa also ought to rethink inviting strangers to read through (wade through) her self centered blogging about drinking and vomiting and dope smoking and does anyone really check in regularly to see what her flashing mood icon is today? Ignorant indeed.
    kkac Posts: 3, Reputation: 3

Jun 1, 2006, 10:32 AM
    As our daughter returned from 5 weeks on a Two Worlds United student exchange program. To say that we have had anything than a terrible experience in dealing with Two Worlds United would be an understatement.

Our program was to be for the entire school year, but circumstances related to the poor management of Two Worlds United left us with no other choice than to bring our daughter home.

It is now going on the eighth month that our daughter has been home and all of my calls to Two Worlds United have gone unanswered. We have contacted the State of Florida Attorney Generals Office, the Hillsboro County Consumer Protection Agency and the Better Business Bureau. It appears that Two Worlds is using drop boxes for all of their mail correspondence and apparently has caller ID as they no longer answer phone calls with my name.

If you truly care about using a quality, caring sending agency, do your child a favor and do not even consider using TWU. They also asked our daughter to lie about the time the would be in England to the immigration officials so they would be able to get her into the country. I am sure this is only the surface of how they run their daily operation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Seprate worlds! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so I recintly switch schools... and well sorry for my lack of modisty but I am a good looking guy and I had a lot of friends at my old school. Now at my new school I have a few friends who are not really like popular but I still care for them a lot . I wouldint ditch them or anything. This is...

War of the Worlds [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I could find a timeline of all of the events in the book The War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How to respond... [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: So, I posted a couple weeks ago, if that, about a relationship I was just getting out of. I was having a really hard time with deciding whether to give him another chance and decided that it would be a good idea to stay moved out and go from there. He has still been pursuing me (ie...

View more questions Search