Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rebecca evans Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 04:20 AM
    11 month old female cat bleeding from vagina
    My 11 month old 3/4 siamese female cat Dotty is bleeding from her Vagina... Not enough to send me straight to Vet for emergency but enough to make me start to Panic and book a vet app for asap... She is unspayed and has recently come in to Season... but today she looks poorly and am not sure if bleeding is part of being in season or maybe she is having a miscarriage as have seen her Mating?? These are wanted kittens so not being a irrresponsible owner :) but she looks down in the dumps at the mo... keeps licking her bits and dribbling like a dark browny coloured blood where ever she lays , just about size of a 10 pence!! Any ideas?? Please
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 04:33 AM

Maybe labour or uterine infection. You should take her to the vet!
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 04:33 PM

Sigh.. couldn't those people interested in kittens have gone to a shelter and saved some kittens from being put to sleep..

Take your cat to the vet.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 04:47 PM

Are you POSITIVE she is spayed?

If you are, its possible it was botched?

The only thing I can think of that would cause normal bleeding is her 'heat' time.

So this is not normal. Take her to the vet

*edit* Virtual Green for shaz who pointed out that the kitty is UNspayed. My mistake :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding from the vagina [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I had a hysterectomy about 7 years ago in the last few weeks have noticed spotting of blood after intercourse is there anyone who has had similar problem any answers to what it maybe have not been to the docs yet

Bleeding vagina [ 5 Answers ]

I haven't gotten my period yet this month, but today I had an odd blood-like substance. I've never had anything like this before, I'm not sure if it had been brought on by sex. But this has never happened from intercourse before, ever. I've read up on a few things, saying pregnancy or just random...

Vagina Bleeding after sex [ 5 Answers ]

I just had sex for the second time after a few years (the first one was not done properly) - then after the sex I started bleeding and it's the second day today - my period is due about 1 week later - and the bleeding flow is about the same as the period flow so I am really confused whether it's a...

Bleeding from vagina [ 3 Answers ]

I had a period in jan and haven't had one since I noticed last night that I had pink blood on toilet paper when I peed what is this I am 54 and had a tubular so not on any birth control other than that

View more questions Search