Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jneal01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 09:27 PM
    Getting married in the courthouse
    Hello,
    My boyfriend and I have been together for four years and we decided we wanted to get married in the courthouse but I don't know what we need to do. How do we find the courthouse? What is the process?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2009, 09:35 PM

Check your local phonebook under the Government section. There will be a subheading for Marriage licenses. Call the number to find what documents you need to gather and then ask them for directions. I'm pretty sure you will need a gov't issued ID (driver's license), birth certificate, social security card. But call to be sure what you'll need and what fee (if any) is required.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jun 26, 2009, 07:31 AM

I was able to Google my local courthouse - the information on what to do was right there online.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get married in a courthouse [ 6 Answers ]

I need to know the cost and everything I need to do to get married in a courthouse

How do I go about getting married at the courthouse [ 3 Answers ]

I want to get married at the courthouse and I want to know what I have to do and what I have to have to get married there?

Getting married in courthouse [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend is in the Navy right now and we have been together for a while now and are ready to get married. We do not want to do a big wedding right now because we don't really have the money for it. I am wondering if someone could help us out by telling me exactly what I need to do to go about...

How to get married at the courthouse [ 1 Answers ]

How do you get married at the courthouse??

How much does it cost to get married at a courthouse? [ 1 Answers ]

How much does it cost to get married at a courthouse in Michigan? I know it costs $20 for a Michigan marriage licence but how much does it cost for getting married at the courthouse?

View more questions Search