Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Serroan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 10:13 AM
    Breakthrough Bleeding on Seasonale.
    :confused: :confused: :confused:
    I recently switched from Ortho Lo to Seasonale. This is my first time on Seasonale. I'm 7 days into my second month on Seasonale. The last week of the first month, I started to breakthrough bleed (super light). I believe its been about 10 days of spotting/bleeding. Is this normal and how long does breakthrough bleeding on Seasonale last for you guys? When will it end?
    charlie123 Posts: 93, Reputation: 19

Oct 12, 2006, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Serroan
    :confused: :confused: :confused:
    I recently switched from Ortho Lo to Seasonale. This is my first time on Seasonale. I'm 7 days into my second month on Seasonale. The last week of the first month, I started to breakthrough bleed (super light). I believe its been about 10 days of spotting/bleeding. Is this normal and how long does breakthrough bleeding on Seasonale last for you guys?? When will it end?
    I am no expert - but when I switched birth control pills - I too had breakthrough bleeding. I think it's normal - I would wait & see if you have breakthrough bleeding again next month. They may need to increase the hormone level or switch to a different brand of birth control. Please remember too - that when you switch pills you should use another form of birth control - unless you want a little surprise :) But it I were you - I might would call my doctor & ask a nurse. Thank you - and good luck!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 12:26 PM
    I have to agree with the answer you got above. Breakthrough bleeding is common when switching forms of birth control because they all have different levels of hormones.

As Charlie123 advised, call your doctor's office and ask the nurse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding... [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, this may be a weird question, but I'm kind of worried. Since last night, when I poop, I bleed. I'm bleeding from my rectum, and today it was so bad that there were drops of blood in the toilet. I don't bleed during the day, it only bleeds when I poop. I thought it was my period at first, but...

Bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am new here and hope you could help, I am trying for a baby, I had my period (of a 28-30 day cycle)on July 31 so I used clearplan to determine my ovulation which happened on the 13- 14, been having sex day in day out since the beginig of this month. On August 18 I had bright red spotting...

Seasonale Cost [ 3 Answers ]

Does anybody know what Seasonale costs if I were to pay for it without insurance? Right now it costs me $106 for 3 months WITH my insurance. I can't find anywhere what it costs without. Is this a big secret or something? :p Thanks

BCP: Switching from OrthoTricyclene Lo to Seasonale [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: I started taking Orthotricyclene Lo just last month and have finished my pack just last week. My period came and gone the last week I was on the placebo pills on Ortho. Finished the Ortho pills on a Saturday, and started a new pack of SEASONALE the day after (Sunday start). I'm 5 days...

What Is The Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hi My husband and I have been trying to get P for 6 months now my last cycle started on 17/04/05 o was on 30/04/05 we had intercourse around that day and that day next cycle was due 15/05/05 on 09/05/05 I was discharging a light red muck like mucus this occurred for 6 days on and off nothing big...

View more questions Search