Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannonbug Posts: 76, Reputation: -2

Jun 21, 2009, 07:21 PM
    I need major answers fast!
    OK... well... I am officially pregnant and I am planning on telling my parents this coming weekend at my boyfriend in case anything happens his parents can't get into trouble it will be on their property. Well... if my parents kick me out do I have to go stay with a family member if his parents aare more then willing to take me in? Also if they do not kick me out I am going to tell them that I can not stay here because they will put so much stress on me for my choice that they will make me lose my baby on purpose! If my dad tries to hurt me or is threatening me and I call the cops because, this will be the second time they where called on him! Can I stay with my boyfriend and his family? Because, I want my baby to be around his father he/she is going to need one and my boyfriend will be a great one!! I want them to have what I never had! So if you could get back to me anyone with any edvice I would GREATLY appriciate it!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 07:36 PM

How old are you?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2009, 07:47 PM

I gather you made your mind up that you want to keep and raise your baby... How does your boyfriend feel?

If you are so worried about your parent actions I would do it on nuetral teritory. Not boyfriend property. Contact your school counselor and see if perhaps she/he will meet with you all. Maybe even your doctor if possible?
    sweet1028 Posts: 146, Reputation: 43

Jun 21, 2009, 08:16 PM

Are you positive that your parents will be so negative against your pregnancy? Because I was in your position last year and I knew for sure I would be kicked out or my parents would stress me out to make me lose the baby. But it wasn't that way at all, I told them that I was pregnant and at first they were hurt, but after they had talked they realized that I was pregnant and there was nothing more that they could do. I was 3 months pregnant and both of my parents were overjoyed to become grandparents. Now that the baby is here, I can't get her away from my mom or dad. But I was 18, how old are you? Hope things turn out okay for you and congrats on your baby!

Jun 22, 2009, 04:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by altenweg View Post
    how old are you?

Jun 22, 2009, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet1028 View Post
    Are you positive that your parents will be so negative against your pregnancy? Because I was in your position last year as a matter of fact and I knew for sure I would be kicked out or my parents would stress me out to make me lose the baby. But it wasn't that way at all, I told them that I was pregnant and at first they were hurt, but after they had talked they realized that I was pregnant and there was nothing more that they could do. I was 3 months pregnant and both of my parents were overjoyed to become grandparents. Now that the baby is here, I can't get her away from my mom or dad. But I was 18, how old are you? Hope things turn out okay for you and congrats on your baby!
    Yes they will kill me and I am 15

Jun 22, 2009, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    I gather you made your mind up that you want to keep and raise your baby...How does your bf feel?

If you are so worried about your parent actions i would do it on nuetral teritory. not bf property. contact your school counselor and see if perhaps she/he will meet with you all. maybe even your doctor if possible?
    OK and yes me and my boyfriend want to keep the baby we are very excited but I am homeschooled so... their are no couselors

Jun 22, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danielnoahsmommy View Post
    I gather you made your mind up that you want to keep and raise your baby...How does your bf feel?

If you are so worried about your parent actions i would do it on nuetral teritory. not bf property. contact your school counselor and see if perhaps she/he will meet with you all. maybe even your doctor if possible?
    And my boyfriend is so incredably excited he is always rubing my stomach and telling me how everything will work out
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 05:08 PM
    GOD bless the three of you.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 05:12 PM

Your boyfriend is rubbing your belly and he feels like such a man right now because he made a baby.

His ego is soaring but honey,the reality of the situation will be very different when you can't afford diapers and he can't support either of you and you have a baby who keeps you up at night and your social life is gone.

Its all sweet and wonderful now but you have no clue what can happen in the future. Most pregnant teen mothers end up alone,with no support system from the father.

Talk to a counselor at planned parenthood and think of your other options before you take this life changing step.

You do have options and you must consider them and understand that while it sounds beautiful and you think this will cement your love with your BF ,the opposite is more often the case.
    Pets Expert

Jun 22, 2009, 05:12 PM

How old is your boyfriend?

How are the two of you going to raise a child together?

Where are you going to get the money?

Do you even have any idea how much a baby costs. How much a home of your own costs? Food, insurance, clothes, etc. etc. etc.

Where are you working? How much do you make? How about your boyfriend?

Have you thought any of this through?

Jun 22, 2009, 05:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    How old is your boyfriend?

How are the two of you going to raise a child together?

Where are you going to get the money?

Do you even have any idea how much a baby costs. How much a home of your own costs? Food, insurance, clothes, etc. etc. etc.

Where are you working? How much do you make? How about your boyfriend?

Have you thought any of this through?
    My boyfriend is 15 his parents are going to help us out me him and both of his parents work I know how much they cost I basically raised my nephew idont know how much he makes I make 8 an hour
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 06:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonbug View Post
    my boyfriend is 15 his parents are going to help us out me him and both of his parents work i know how much they cost i basically raised my nephew idont know how much he makes i make 8 an hour
    If his parents were responsible adults,the first thing they should have done was go with you to your parents and discuss this situation with them.Before they took it upon themselves to give you advice and tell you they will help you.They are wrong to not involve your parents!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2009, 06:15 PM

And no you can not just go live with the boys family and if they have any good parenting skills they would never allow it anyway.

And social services ( child protection agency) gets involved if they would throw you out, since they can't legally do that.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 06:19 PM

Before I side with artlady, did his parents actually tell you themselves that they would help? And to what extent? Because when we were planning to move my boyfriend went on and on about how his dad would help us. Then later when he actually told his dad, he threatened to cut him off if he moved across the state with me. (we still moved, but we couldn't afford a place together so I'm renting my own room while he lives with his older brother. I make way more than 8 an hour and trust me, there's no way I'd be able to support a baby right now. Unless I moved into my car and stopped eating. Then, maybe, I might be able to support a baby... ) I know some people are able to have a baby at 15 and make everything work but its hard.
    Let's just say that his parents do help. Who is going to watch this baby while everyone is working? How are you going to finish school? Who will watch the baby while you are at school? You're only 15, so my guess is you (or your bf) can't drive yet. How will you get to the hospital if his parents aren't around and you or the baby needs to go to the dr's asap. And how are you going to afford a dr's visit even? Do you have health insurance of your own? I would imagine you're currently on your parents but if they kick you out I don't see why they would keep supporting you any other way. Can you get health insurance for your baby? There's just a few things to consider. I could go on. I'm sure other people have other things you have to consider too.
    Pets Expert

Jun 22, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonbug View Post
    my boyfriend is 15 his parents are going to help us out me him and both of his parents work i know how much they cost i basically raised my nephew idont know how much he makes i make 8 an hour
    Raising your nephew and paying for all his expenses are two different things.

Are you in the States?

If so, do you realize that just giving birth to this baby can cost anywhere from $15,000 and up?

How are you going to raise the money for that?

Also, there's furniture, clothes, diapers, bottles, supplies, doctors visitis, etc. etc.

Write me a list of what you think you need in order to have this baby, then the costs, then show me how you think you'll be able to afford it, even with his parents help.
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Raising your nephew and paying for all his expenses are two different things.

Are you in the States?

If so, do you realize that just giving birth to this baby can cost anywhere from $15,000 and up?

How are you going to raise the money for that?

Also, there's furniture, clothes, diapers, bottles, supplies, doctors visitis, etc. etc.

Write me a list of what you think you need in order to have this baby, then the costs, then show me how you think you'll be able to afford it, even with his parents help.
    All excellent points.I would only add the emotional cost of being a single teenage mother is a toll that you can't begin to anticipate.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 07:19 PM

I wasn't even a teenage mother. But I feel like I have some idea of what its like (not completely, just a little bit) because my mom was never around so I practically raised my little siblings for the first 3 1/2 years of their lives. I didn't have to worry about the financial part much, but let me tell you, just being there is exhausting. We had an after school schedule. We'd get home between about 3 30-4. we'd all have a snack together. Then I'd send my littlest siblings outside while I helped my kindergarten aged brother with his homework. Then I would start dinner while they were playing (NOT an easy thing to do when you have to mediate fights over who gets to play with what every 5 minutes). Then we would have dinner (any idea how hard it is to get a toddler to eat their veggies? Or anything else they decide they don't like) then clean up after dinner and get all the dishes done. Then it was finally time for a bath, bedtime story and bed time. Bed time was 8 30. But, it usually took at least a half hour of putting them back into bed repeatedly before they actually stayed there. So finally, by 9 or 9 30 I would be able to start my homework. I know you'd only have one child for now. But its still a lot of work. Babies need almost constant attention. How will you work, go to school, and still have time to care for your child?
    sweet1028 Posts: 146, Reputation: 43

Jun 22, 2009, 09:10 PM

I hope you decide to stay in school even though it will be hard on everyone. Education is really important. If you and your boyfriend would have actually sat down and talked about what would happen if you were to get pregnant at such a young age, you two would not have been having sex in the first place.

Girls who have had babies young usually regret it later. Others live happily ever after, but it takes a lot of work especially if the parents don't agree or want to help in any way. I hate that you have to grow up so fast, and I really mean that because once that baby is here everything changes. No more parties, dances, hanging with the girls, or doing what normal teens do. Your life will be revolved around that little one. So I wish the best of luck and hope that everything works out okay for the three of you.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 01:56 AM
    I think we should all say a prayer for this mess of a situation. I have TWICE and will again. They can't even drive to the doctor by themselves. How can two children raise a newborn? All I can say is: Lord please help everyone involved. Especially the father with anger issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How fast is too fast to fall in love? [ 5 Answers ]

Met what I thought to be my soul mate 3 years ago. It was love at first site. However, our business relationship prohibited us from dating for a few years. We would see each other on occasion at company functions and spend time with each other in person or communicate via email or phone. We had...

Need answers fast [ 2 Answers ]

OK so my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex maybe about a month ago. And since then I have had more frequent urine, I've been really tired all the time, I've been getting headaches a lot more, my eating habits have changed a little bit I'm not hungery as much as I used to be, and about a week ago...

Major Confusion. Answers really needed. [ 4 Answers ]

I really need help, and while I know you don't have ALL the answers, even some kind of insight will help. I tried to make this short, but there is too much back story to make it short. Caution Again: It is long. The parts in bold are the most important. Adam and I dated for 2 ½ years. Planned...

Need answers fast [ 1 Answers ]

My husband will see probation tomarrow, I am worried because he had gotten arrested for driving w/o a license and they had given him two tickets. Well he was confused and mixed up court dates for driving while license supended and no drivers license. He had gotten bonded out of jail for those two...

View more questions Search