Nm?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    nm??
    Must be chat speak.

I don't understand either.

That's why chat speak is against the rules here.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 12:48 PM

Good, its not just me that doesn't understand it :)
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 12:51 PM
    good, its not just me that doesn't understand it :)
    I could guess.

nm = never mind?

Darn chat speak. English is so much better. ;)
    YoungHyperLink Posts: 152, Reputation: 13

Jul 3, 2009, 01:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I could guess.

nm = never mind?

Darn chat speak. English is so much better. ;)
    Agreed! I posted something, then decided it wasn't a good idea, and couldn't find out how to delete it. So I tried posting it empty, but got a message: "Posts must contain at least 2 characters." The only thing I could think of was, nm. :o
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2009, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungHyperLink View Post
    Agreed! I posted something, then decided it wasn't a good idea, and couldn't find out how to delete it. So I tried posting it empty, but got a message: "Posts must contain at least 2 characters." The only thing I could think of was, nm. :o
    To delete a post you go to the edit button on the bottom of your post, hit edit, hit delete post, give a reason, then save.

You have 24 hours to edit or delete a post once it's posted. :)
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2009, 09:10 PM
    Redhed, Artlady: I apologise if I used this as a chat forum disregarding the reputation system.
    However, suggesting that the girl take counseling with Planned Parenthood seems to me to at least imply abortion. No way they are going to tell her to keep it, and they aren't great at promoting adoption, either. Check their main page.
    You are very misinformed! I can check out Planned Parenthood and I KNOW they are more than what you say they are!

Do not assume that I would ever encourage anyone to do anything.I am here to understand and give options.Adoption is one. Abortion is another.

I never mentioned abortion and I never would,If someone chose to take that path I would support them.

This young lady needs counseling and Planned Parenthood is good at it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly23 View Post
    Im not going against expert advice(J_9) but Im sure there has also been many succesful deliveres at her age?
    Yes, there are many successful deliveries at her age. But do the risks always outweigh the benefits? What benefits does the child of a child have? If carried successfully to term, this baby will most likely live a life of poverty. Just look at the statistics.

as j_9 stated, delivering the baby at her age may be more dangerous than abortion.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I NEVER suggested abortion in any way.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    To delete a post you go to the edit button on the bottom of your post, hit edit, hit delete post, give a reason, then save.

You have 24 hours to edit or delete a post once it's posted. :)
    I do believe they did away with the delete button.
    I have tried to delete a couple times and there was no way to so I rewrote something different instead.
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2009, 07:18 AM

From everything I have heard, and I have known a lot of pregnant teens from 13 -15
    Some got abortions, some had their babies.
    Planned parenthood does in a sense push abortion for teens because they present it from a pro abortion position rather than a neutral position that gives the facts of both sides. They do not give you statistics of women who suffer depression for their decision to abort. In fact they claim that it doesn't happen. They do not show you how the baby is aborted. They don't give you much of any of the pro life side of things.
    Then to top it off they say that there aren't enough families wanting to adopt. They don't tell of the hundreds of people that have to go adopt overseas because there aren't that many American babies.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jul 5, 2009, 12:24 AM

Sorry j_9, I wasn't trying to imply that you had suggested abortion. It just came out wrong.
    blessedmom Posts: 104, Reputation: 6

Jul 5, 2009, 09:49 PM

This time of your life will be challenging. You will have hard times because you are so young. Your parents may surprise you. Maybe they will be angry in the beginning but you are their child and after a while they may be there for you. I think that it's great that your bf's parents are willing to help because it is their grandchild. You have to do all you can do for you and your baby and don't be relaxed and comfortable because of your boyfriend parents being there to help. You don't know how long that will last. Hopefully they will always be there to help their grandchild. You don't know if they get to the point and say this is not our baby. We already raised our baby and he is now a teenager. It is very possible to raise a happy and healthy baby at your age. Difficult but possible. I got married at 19 and I thought I was ready for a baby and my husband said we are not ready. I knew it was true. After 7 years of marriage we knew we were ready. Please don't be discourage. Keep your head up. Trust in God and do your very best no matter what and no matter how hard it is. Talk to you parents. Do you have other family members you can go to? Don't depend on your bfs parents only.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 06:33 PM
    It's a matter of emphasis and promotion.

Please don't read information into posts - when you start "assuming" things you simply complicate things.

I have looked at the PP site - I don't see that the emphasis is on abortion.
    Haynes89 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2009, 07:40 PM

My sister is 15 years old and is currently dialated to 3 cm. The father of her child is 14! Although my parents were very upset in the decisions she made, they were very understandable & never even once thought about kicking her out & now are anxiously awaiting their grandaughter as am I my niece. The father of her baby is no longer a part of this babies life. I mean come on he is 14. He wants to hang out with his friends and do stuff a kid still does!

My sister is going threw a rough time right now, and is only a sophomore in high school. She will no longer be able to go to her friends house and have fun. She will be home with a baby!

I think you need to look further into your options. There is always someone out there who can't have children and will give the baby anything and everything he/she will ever need or ask for!

Jul 12, 2009, 07:50 PM

JudyKayTee,
    Please don't read information into posts - when you start "assuming" things you simply complicate things.
    Thanks for the advice! I will try to follow it.

I still stand behind what I said. It's possible that artlady wasn't implying abortion if she if she wasn't really aware of what Planned Parenthood advocates. I cited their website, because their goals and emphasis are obvious. They aren't family counselors, and they don't provide parenting counsel. They are a health and education institution that promotes contraceptive and abortive methods. Check the "services" tab on their main site. They don't emphasize or promote adoption or parenting.

Just want to let shannonbug know that she won't get the complete picture if she takes counseling there. There are better, more integral counseling groups.

Jul 12, 2009, 08:00 PM

I don't understand why everyone thinks she needs counseling?

Jul 12, 2009, 08:08 PM

Maybe because she asked for it? :)
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2009, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Haynes89 View Post
    I dont understand why everyone thinks she needs counseling??
    Somewhere the post got into the discussion of if she wants an abortion or give the baby up for adoption in which case it is always advisable to get counselling to make the decision.

Jul 12, 2009, 08:19 PM

Why would someone get an abortion whenever there are thousands of familys that can not have children and would love to have one? Abortion is murder! Your murdering your unborn child! Im so thankful my sister is taking responsibility for her actions!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2009, 08:27 PM

I suggested Planned Parenthood because it is accessible to anyone and they will not turn you away if you can not pay.
    Here is a excerpt from their website,stating some of their pregnancy services.
    Planned Parenthood health centers in communities around the country offer you the health care you need. Our caring and knowledgeable staff provide a wide range of services — including pregnancy testing services, pregnancy options education, and other pregnancy services.

Our pregnancy services include

* pregnancy planning services
    * fertility awareness education
    * pregnancy testing
    * trained staff to discuss your options with you if you are pregnant
    * prenatal services
    * childbirth classes
    * postpartum exams
    * abortion services
    * abortion referrals
    * adoption services
    * adoption referrals
    * trained staff to talk with you about early pregnancy loss (miscarriage)

Keep in mind that services offered at Planned Parenthood health centers vary by location. Use our health center locator to find the nearest Planned Parenthood health center that offers the services you need.

Costs for pregnancy-related services vary from community to community. Some health centers charge according to income. Most accept health insurance.

Remember, Planned Parenthood strives to make health care accessible and affordable. If you do not have insurance, staff at your local Planned Parenthood health center can talk with you about your payment options. In some states, you may qualify for a state-funded program or a lower fee scale.
    Pregnancy Testing & Pregnancy Services - Planned Parenthood

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How fast is too fast to fall in love? [ 5 Answers ]

Met what I thought to be my soul mate 3 years ago. It was love at first site. However, our business relationship prohibited us from dating for a few years. We would see each other on occasion at company functions and spend time with each other in person or communicate via email or phone. We had...

Need answers fast [ 2 Answers ]

OK so my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex maybe about a month ago. And since then I have had more frequent urine, I've been really tired all the time, I've been getting headaches a lot more, my eating habits have changed a little bit I'm not hungery as much as I used to be, and about a week ago...

Major Confusion. Answers really needed. [ 4 Answers ]

I really need help, and while I know you don't have ALL the answers, even some kind of insight will help. I tried to make this short, but there is too much back story to make it short. Caution Again: It is long. The parts in bold are the most important. Adam and I dated for 2 ½ years. Planned...

Need answers fast [ 1 Answers ]

My husband will see probation tomarrow, I am worried because he had gotten arrested for driving w/o a license and they had given him two tickets. Well he was confused and mixed up court dates for driving while license supended and no drivers license. He had gotten bonded out of jail for those two...

View more questions Search