Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mborner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 09:56 AM
    Inheritance
    I'm receiving an inheritance from Germany of about $260,000 (after Germany's taxes). What are my federal tax ramifications? (I live in Wyoming). What is the best way to minimize my taxes?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 07:32 PM
    It's an inheritance, so there are NO federal tax ramifications.

You WILL need to report the receipt of that amount of money, but no taxes will be due. A call to the IRS will reveal the Form number that will be used for this purpose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cash inheritance [ 4 Answers ]

My two children inherited $30,000 from my fathers estate. I am wanting to know if it is taxable income since I have called the IRS and tax preparers and gotten confilicting information.:confused:

Inheritance [ 3 Answers ]

I would like find out what inheritance of divorced couples and one is re-married:confused:If my pension will be divided between two husband even #1 not in my will?

Inheritance [ 4 Answers ]

My husband's grandmother past away over 3 months ago and we are still awaiting the inheritance for him and our children. The lawyer is giving us quite a run-around, and we don't have the best relationship with his other family members. How long does it typically take to receive a check when it is...

Inheritance [ 1 Answers ]

My husband will be receiving an inheritance from an Aunt who past away. He will be receiving funds from a 401K account which we were told is all taxable and then from the sale of her home. Need some suggestions on how not to lose too much to Uncle Sam. Any help will be appericated.

View more questions Search