Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vyoung Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 06:50 PM
    I just got my computer and I have put stuff on it that I don't think I need
    I just got my computer and I know that I have put all kinds of things on it that is not necessary please tell me how I delete these unwanted sites
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 06:58 PM

Well what type of things do you think you don't need ?

You say sites? Are they saved favorites or installed programs
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2009, 07:50 PM

It's commonly called "Crapware". Go to Add/Remove programs and uninstall programs that you don't want. Also, in Internet Explorer, click on Bookmarks, and right-click on the bookmarks you don't want and select "Delete".

Aftewards, download CCleaner and MalwareBytes and run those. In CCleaner run at least two registry scans and delete everything it finds (save backups for a couple of weeks, just in case).

CCleaner - Home
    Malwarebytes.org
    robse071 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 08:47 AM

It depends on the kinds of things which you have put in your systems. If they are installed programs, download and install revo uninstaller and then uninstall all unnecessary programs; you can equally do this by going to add/remove programs from control panel.
    If they are just files you no longer need, to delete them completely, press shift + delete key
    PiperHaley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2009, 07:37 PM
    To remove unwanted programs with Windows Vista go to Start, Control Panel, Programs and Features.

To remove unwanted programs with an earlier version of Windows, go to Start, Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs.

To remove unwanted websites under Internet Explorer, go to Favorites, Organize Favorites.
    tinsluns Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2009, 01:14 AM

Yes I agree just go to (no pun intended) remove in control panel and get rid of what you don't want.

The may I suggest download Advanced Windows Cleaner from IO bit and once installed will clean all traces away so you'll never knew they were there. And it's FREE.
    Note; after use stop program completely as uses a lot of memory.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ok I'm new with flash players and that kind of computer stuff and I'm having troubles [ 2 Answers ]

Ok well I really need anybodies help because now I'm starting to feel desperate. Whenever I get onto YouTube I can not watch videos. It says I need to check if I have my javascript on or that I have an old flash player and need to download a new one. Ok can you guys please tell me how to check...

Computer how do I stop limewire setup dialog from popping up on my computer [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me stop limewire setup dialog from popping up on my computer, it always pop up while I am in the middle of something

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

View more questions Search