Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tg1105 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 06:05 PM
    Low water pressure in shower after replacing water heater
    We have almost no pressure with the hot water in the shower after replacing the water heater. Cold water is OK, we have flushed out the pipes (refilled the water heater) and still not any better. What next? We have look on line for answers but to no avail.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2009, 08:34 PM

Is it just the shower? How are other hot water faucets in house?

How many handles? 1, 2 or 3?

If just shower, u may have dirt in valve body blocking water.

Chuck
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2009, 08:45 PM

I agree with Chuck, check all the faucet in the house if you have hot water in other faucets then the problem is with shower valve, please respond to Chucks questions, Thanks.

John
    tg1105 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 07:32 AM
    Only in the shower, one faucet, we checked the head and the lines but not sure if he checked the handle part. But the water comes out of the line very slow also. All valves are turned on completely from the outside and the water heater. Someone said to check the "baffle" but that look good also. Could there be something stuck in the line, and if so, how would they be fixed? Please don't tell me we would have to replace the whole line.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 07:38 AM

Turn main water supply off.

Remove shower hot water valve.

Hold towel in front of valve opening.

Have friend turn on water supply for a 2 count.

Reinstall valve and turn on water supply.

Let us know if this works.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Low hot water pressure through the whole house even ater replacing water heater [ 2 Answers ]

I'm still experiencing low hot water pressure even after replacing the water heater. When you first turn on the faucets the pressure will be fine but within a few seconds it drops again.

Low pressure in shower both hot and cold side. New hot water heater, new shower, [ 2 Answers ]

I have no water pressure in my new shower. I have a new hot water heater, new shower fixture, new plumbing. Please tell me what the problem is.

No hot water pressure after replacing upstairs shower fixtures [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all. I tore out the wall and replaced all of my upstairs shower knobs and shower head. The cold water runs fine, but when I turn on the hot full blast, I just get a trickle. Worked fine before (was just leaking). The sink hot water works well. Is there a pressure issue I need to know about...

Low water pressure after replacing tub/shower faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I recently changed my old twin-ell diverter spout tub faucet to a more modern shower head and ejector tee diverter type. I kept the twin-ell part and kept the shower head port plugged on the new faucet. I have very low water pressure now. If I take out the plug in the shower head port the...

View more questions Search