Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    britt12ann Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 05:13 PM
    I am 14 & already embarrassed to even leave my house because I look fat in everything
    I am 14 height about 5'3 and weigh around 160
    I have tried everything . But its not like I can afford all these WOOHOO plans that everyone actually has had work for them. I don't have the time to exercise, but it seems like I always have time to eat. I am tired of being the fat and ugly one out of all my friends. They are all skinny and so pretty I try so hard to be just like them. But I don't understand how they are even skinny because they eat way more than I do. And its not that they are always active. They like to sit at home on the computer all the time. Or just watch TV all day. I'm scared to go to the mall or any place with anybody because I'm scared somebody is going to be like oh wow look at that there all skinny except for that one. Why is she with them? There hasn't been a day where I haven't gone to school with a big and baggy sweatshirt on just so that nobody could actually see how big I am, I've always been the fat one growing up. And I'm done with it. I just don't know what else to try, if I can't find anything else I might end up dead or in the hospital because I have nothing else to turn to except not eating and throw-up, please if you have any idea how to help. Let me know. Asap.

:(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 05:19 PM

It is often "what" we eat, and "how much" we eat according to the exercise we do.

So why don't you have enough time, you have to make it, and take it.
    heidi16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2009, 07:06 PM

OK trust me I'm 16 5'9 and 220 I'm looking for help too but what I'm doing is being active watching what I eat and I'm trying not to do anythang crazy lyk go bulimic or something what you need to do is to get you your frands and or your family to help you and support you tis is how I'm starting to lose weight is because everyone is yellin and cheering me and tell yourself that you can do it!! Cause you can if I can then so can you but you have to believe in yourself kk

<3 Heidi
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2009, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by britt12ann View Post
    I am 14 height about 5'3 and weigh around 160
    According to your BMI you are overweight. See here: Calculate your BMI - Standard BMI Calculator

I have tried everything . But its not like I can afford all these WOOHOO plans that everyone actually has had work for them.
    What are these WOOHOO plans exactly? Costly infomercial machines like the ab lounge, snazzy workout programs like hip hop abs. Well there is really no need for those things.

What you can do is eat healthy, reduce the amount of junk food you consume, salt and soda drinks. Since school is out for the summer you CAN go on the internet and look for exercise routines, here's a site: Videojug - Get Good At Life. The world?s best how to videos plus free expert advice and tutorials. just key in "pilates", "exercise", etc.

You CAN go to Wal-Mart or Target and buy a 10$ DVD that has a simple cardio workout routine.

I don't have the time to exercise, but it seems like I always have time to eat.
    No. You just don't want to exercise. Without exercise then there is no losing weight. You can eat better and shed a few pounds but you will not lose that pooch and trim your thighs. Sticking your fingers down your throat won't help and neither will starving yourself- you'll end up weighing more than you do now, if not dead or hospitalized.

I am tired of being the fat and ugly one out of all my friends. They are all skinny and so pretty I try so hard to be just like them.
    If your so tired of it then DO something about it.

but I don't understand how they are even skinny because they eat way more than I do. And its not that they are always active.
    People have different metabolisms. People have different genes. I'm sure once they grow older and keep up with this routine they will pack on the pounds-- its guaranteed.

I'm scared to go to the mall or any place with anybody because I'm scared somebody is going to be like oh wow look at that there all skinny except for that one. Why is she with them?
    Your making this hard on yourself. You shouldn't be scared to go out. Even if someone where to think that how would you know- worrying about what others think should be the last thing to worry about, actually it shouldn't even be anything to worry about. If you start to worry about people's opinions you start to hate yourself and believe it, then you isolate yourself and really have no life. Your already starting this-- do you want to be like this for the rest of your life? I think not.

There hasn't been a day where I haven't gone to school with a big and baggy sweatshirt on just so that nobody could actually see how big I am, I've always been the fat one growing up. And I'm done with it.
    No one is telling you to wear tight shirts and a mini skirt. There are plenty of plus sized clothes that fit very nicely for overweight women and you don't have to spend so much money on it either. I have a friend that is "large" and she dresses better than me!

I just don't know what else to try, if I can't find anything else I might end up dead or in the hospital because I have nothing else to turn to except not eating and throw-up, please if you have any idea how to help. Let me know. Asap.
    If you REALLY want to change then get your butt up! If you want to jab your fingers down your throat your really going the wrong way about it- did you know people actually die from that? Then you'll also have to worry about your teeth being yellow from all the stomach acid coming out from your mouth. Oh and yellow skin, that's not attractive. Did I also mention that your hair will fall out eventually? Your organs could even shut down. Is killing yourself slowly worth it? How about going about it a DIFFERENT way- a way that'll make your skin softer, your hair shinier and increase your energy?? I think that IS a better way.

When you WANT to exercise and when you REALLY want to change let me know.

I promise there won't be any WOOHOO plans.

Sarah
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2009, 11:13 AM

Also, get an honest friend to point out someone who is the same size and shape as you. It's quite possible, even probable, that you are not as fat as you think. You may find that while you are not skinny, you could be in good proportion and look good. I'm at the top end of my healthy weight range, but I have an hourglass figure with a very small waist so I look good in non-baggy clothes.

However, in the end, it's up to you. If you have time to watch television, or surf the net, you can time to exercise. You may not have money for a gym, but you can walk. Or climb stairs. Or ride a bike. Or put on some loud music and dance. Bodyweight squats and press-ups will do the rest.

What are you eating? Can you post a day's typical food, including drinks and everything, even the "just a mouthful" things.
    brandi farmer Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Not every one is perfect... you are fine just as you are.
    NoLogicJustLove Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2009, 09:22 PM

I know your situation very well and how to get out of it.

Step 1) Learn to love yourself. Take pride in yourself. I highly suggest not dressing in all baggy clothes and sweatshirts. It will become a habit for you and you will become too comfortable with this outlook and not change. You have to love everything you truly are to believe your worth the effort of losing the weight. You are worth it.

Step 2) Get excited and motivated! Get pumped! Your about to recreate yourself! It's a beautiful accomplishment to even have the strength to believe. Get ready to have fun facing your biggest fears to change your life for the better.

Step 3) Lay out a plan. A simple plan. My suggestion: The EAT LESS+ Exercise MORE plan. Take all the white flour out of your diet. ( That meanss pizza bread, tortillas, white bread, doughtuts, most cereal) IT makes the BIGGEST difference. I lost 8 pounds in one week just from making this change. It's hard at first but your body gets super used to it. Only drink water and don't eat more than 1,600 calories a day. Start reading lables and ask any healthy adults for info on what to look for and what to stay away from. Make a goal and visualize yourself reaching it. I mean this. visualize it. Spend your free moments picturing you living in your healthier body and remember that making good decisions will make it a reality. Time is only an illusion. The goal is reached if you just follow through with your effort. Exercise daily. Never skip your work out. Long walks , dancing in your room, throwing random punches in the air.. just DO
    SOMETHING!!

4) Have faith in yourself and just begin it.
    You should view being "the fat one and sick of it" as a stepping stone to becoming "the strong one, and proud of it". See this all as a magical, positive and wonderful experience!

My prayers go out to you. You have this.
    Just take action and smile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting someone to leave your house [ 5 Answers ]

In the beginning I rented the second room in my 2/2 apartment to someone I was involved with several years ago. He has always dwelled in his own room and their is no romantic issues. We did not sign/write a lease. I knew it would be in my best interest but this is someone I trusted and thought...

He is embarrassed over our age difference [ 11 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship for 4 years with a man who is 12 years my junior. I just turned 40 this past July and he is 28. We have had our share of ups and downs but the main issue that keeps resurfacing is his problem with our age difference. When we first met he knew how old I was and that I...

How can I get my ex to leave my house? [ 6 Answers ]

How can I get my ex to leave? Relationship is over. We live in the same house, he wants to stay and continue the 'breakup drama' day in day out. I ended the relationship but he won't go. It is a rental property. We don't have a lease. I have been there for 11 years, he has been there for 2. The...

I feel so embarrassed [ 12 Answers ]

I feel 16 all over again, I am so upset over this break up I'm ashamed of myself for the way I'm behaving, I'm fine most of the time but it's like all the sudden it hits me and I lose it and send stupid emails pathetic and sad emails and texts that even more pathetic... they go unanswered and then...

I don't leave the house [ 5 Answers ]

I am 16 and just finished my exams so I'm not back at school until September. I virtually never go out with my friends, I probably did twice last year. This year I have a little more, I've been out to one of my friends houses 3 times so far and I started walking home after school with my friends,...

View more questions Search