Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    86sexy78 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 09:09 AM
    Need money for security deposit
    I need 200.00 dollars buy the 25th of October to pay my landlord so I can move in. I am currently living with some one. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.
    Thank you:(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 09:18 AM
    Can you ask your parents for a loan?

Oct 12, 2006, 09:36 AM
    I asked my mother, sisters and brother 1 st before I posted this but they don'
    T have any money. And my last resort is to come to this website.:(
    Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 09:37 AM
    We don't send money though. We are here for advice only.

Do you have a job? How are you going to afford rent?

Oct 12, 2006, 09:41 AM
    I would have to go to day labor. Also it is a section 8 apartment. So whatever the rent is I would have to come up ewith the money.
    Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 09:52 AM
    You just may have to get a job.

We all work hard to pay for what we have.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 12, 2006, 10:24 AM
    Yes, as a Christian the bible tells us if we don't work we don't eat, and the only way to help yourself is to work

And taking a risk of making you mad, I don't like the idea of people who are able to work ( you did not say anything about not being able to work) not working and getting public assistance.

All of the charity programs I work with all require the person to put effort into a program or work for the help they are getting.

Personally and I guess 1000's are glad I am not in charge, no able bodied person would ever get any government assistance if it was not a work program.

So don't move till you can get a job and afford to live somewhere,
    Apartments take elctric and/or gas, and even on section 8 you are suppose to normally pay a small amount, if you are not working, you can't afford to live on your own.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 12, 2006, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 86sexy78
    i need 200.00 dollars buy the 25th of October to pay my landlord so I can move in. I am currently living with some one. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.
    thank you:(
    While we are charitable about sharing our knowledge and experience, this is not a charity site. We help people by sharing what we know, not what we have saved.

Oct 12, 2006, 11:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    While we are charitable about sharing our knowledge and experience, this is not a charity site. We help people by sharing what we know, not what we have saved.

Why would u even requote my question. Everbody else seen my question and what was the purpose of that? I know that this is not an charity site or anything but I thought that I could get some help.
    Thank you
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 12, 2006, 11:45 AM
    Quoting is a common and permissible practice. Since there were other answers, I wanted to make it clear what I was responding to. If you thought that someone on this site was going to give or loan you money, then you don't understand what this site is about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security deposit interest [ 2 Answers ]

In Massachusetts, when a tenant moves out and the damages go over the amount of the security deposit, can you also keep the interest on that account towards repairs or do you have to give them the interest back on the security deposit and last months rent? It is a matter of cents. In...

Help my security deposit! [ 3 Answers ]

Moved out June 24 (pennsylvania). Move out date was June30 (was doing my landlord a favor so she can re-do bathroom.) Called her July 17 and she says she is not giving any of my security deposit ($1000) because the 60days prior to my moveout, the apt was "filthy" (I procrastinate...

Nonrefundable security deposit (PA) [ 10 Answers ]

Is it legal to have a nonrefundable security deposit in pa? I am trying to find a way out of my lease, but I am not sure the best way to do it. They say I have to give 3 months notice and pay 4 months rent as a fee. That would equal about $2000. They might have called it something besides a...

Security deposit increase? [ 5 Answers ]

I've been renting for approximately 2 years and was informed last month that a $300 increase in my security deposit is required with my next month's rent. Is this legal? The propoerty was sold about six months ago and I'm on a month-to-month lease which the only option given. I know they can...

Who claims the deposit money? [ 2 Answers ]

State: California Hello, Here is the scenario. The prospect and seller signed on the deal. The prospect needed to qualify for the loan PRIOR to the closing. The prospect made a deposit and told the seller he will be ready within 40 days. The first loan request was rejected because of low...

View more questions Search