Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikilyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 08:56 AM
    2nd floor shower leak into 1st floor room below
    Is there an easy fix or on average how much does it cost to fix a leak in a shower and the ceiling below? The shower started leaking this morning and I awoke this morning to a drip and looked up to see a bubble on the ceiling I am guessing came from the leakt shower above.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 09:11 AM

Your first problem is to determine just what is leaking with out tearing up the entire house. The leak can be in the water supply piping, from a valve, from the shower head, from the drain piping or from the walls or the shower pan.

You said that you awoke this morning to a drip. If the shower had not been used recently that implies a leaking supply pipe or valve.
    Was the shower being used when you saw the drip? Had it been used in the last hour?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 09:46 AM

I like Harold's logic, was anyone using that shower recently?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leak through second floor tiled shower floor. [ 14 Answers ]

I work in construction and we've been having an odd problem. A few houses that have tiled shower floors on the second floor have had discoloration in the grout and holding moisture. Some homes have had the leaks come through the ceiling to the first floor. We thought that the weep holes were...

Under Floor Shower Leak [ 7 Answers ]

HI Everybody Need An Effective Answer Can Lead Me To Stop Leak Under Floor In Shower Darain without break any tile or wall , I could per example enter Cautchouc tube in the placed tube already in the drain and to bypass the floor drain to main , cause the floor drain also has a small crack , or...

Could I have a pipe leak under my living room floor? [ 4 Answers ]

I have noticed that when I walk over a small area of my living room floor the carpet feels damp/cool. I thought it was maybe a water spill from my toddler, but it's been over 24 hours and in fact feels as though the damp/cool area is spreading a little. There is no squishiness in the carpet, nor...

1st floor ceiling leak below 2nd floor shower [ 2 Answers ]

Our ceiling has developed a swelling or bubble in the ceiling and when touched-it literally fell apart and created a hole. It is dry to the touch but happens to be right in line with our 2nd floor master bedroom shower where the plumbing probably comes down. The shower has a plastic floor with a...

Leak from second floor shower [ 4 Answers ]

I've seen some posts on this subject but haven't been able to find a direct answer to my question so please excuse me if this information exists here already, but... I just moved into a new home and I have a leak coming form my second floor shower - a one piece fiberglass stall. Prior to...

View more questions Search