Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    artonsenna Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2009, 05:29 AM
    Young age masturbation
    I am a 33yr old mother. My son who is just 7, has already started masturbating regularly. He does it at home and since last 6 months has been doing it at school too. His class teachers have complained to me a number of times catching him in the act. I have spoken to him many times and told him that he needs to do that activity only when he is absolutely alone and never in any public place, least of all at school. He promises me that he wouldn't do it at school next time onwards but keeps breaking his promise often. Worse part, he goes to a co-ed school and now some of his female classmates who sit near and around him have also seen him indulging in masturbation a few times. They laugh and giggle at him openly. Whatever his class teacher has reported is that nowadays after I started taking him to the doc, his frequency has come down but he still does it once or twice in a fortnight. Also previously, he used to continue the activity even when he knew his classmates were watching him, now he doesn't do that anymore and stops it whenever he finds anyone watching him. Still the fact that he continues to do it in the classroom is causing me a lot of stress. Please suggest what best I can do?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2009, 05:33 AM

Time to get him some counseling!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2009, 07:22 AM

Hello a:

Masturbation isn't the problem. Doing it in public IS a problem. He does need some counseling or it can lead to a bigger problem.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 07:25 AM

I would say doing it "all the time" at age 7 is a problem and the child should have received a lot better counseling than just don't do it in public.

This child counseling and the parent needs some parenting classes.
    basketballlover Posts: 69, Reputation: -3

Jun 22, 2009, 08:44 PM

Doing that at 7 is a problem. Id consider trying to get him help.
    flayvur Posts: 52, Reputation: 2

Jun 22, 2009, 08:58 PM
    Talk to your son. Find out if some one has been touching him . That's completely not normal, for him to do that someone could have done that to him. And now he does it to himself. Ask him if anyone has been touching him down there. Tell him it's o.k. to tell you. Most of the time if someone has molested him they have told him not to tell anyone . Let him know that he hasn't done anything wrong.and that you're here to protect him and that there should never be any secrets from mom. Tell him you love him regardless of what he say's and listen. Pray for your son. If you don't know how you just talk to GOD the same way you talk to any one else ask him to reveal to you what has happened to your son, and give you the strength to endure what ever you find out has happened, and wisdom to help him with this problem. Ask GOD to put people in your life to help you with your son. My prayers are with you. Stay strong. flayvur

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Masturbation [ 5 Answers ]

How often should one masturbate ? As I'm getting older I seem to do it a lot more ,I still have sex with my husband and its very nice but I like the sensation I get when I masturbate , is this normal I'm now 39

View more questions Search