Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drcrow Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 11:04 PM
    What is the name of this toy
    What is the name of the round-elliptical 12 to 16 in. diameter black electronic (batt. op.) toy of beeps, tones & colored light patterns? They had 4 plastic translucent panels on top, different skill levels and were popular during the 1970s and 1980s?
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jun 20, 2009, 11:22 PM

It was called Simon and the idea was to repeat the sound and color patterns it put out. Kind of like the movie "Close Encounters of the Thrid Kind." Here's a website about it:

Simon - Toy List - TV Cream Toy Catalogue - Blog Edition
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 22, 2009, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by drcrow View Post
    What is the name of the round-elliptical 12 to 16 in. diameter black electronic (batt. op.) toy of beeps, tones & colored light patterns? They had 4 plastic translucent panels on top, different skill levels and were popular during the 1970s and 1980s?

This has, in fact, been remanufactured and is once again available for sale. (And, yes, it's Simon.) I'm not aware of repeating the sounds but the purpose was to repeat the color sequence.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jun 22, 2009, 08:27 PM

Each color had a corresponding tone and you had to repeat each sequence, which got more and more difficult. Its explained on the websiite I mentioned.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2009, 06:25 AM

Right, I actually have one - you repeat the colors. The sound is incidental, at least on mine.

I do understand there is another game where you do repeat the sound, have to remember which tone is connected to which "key."
    ENRIQUE123 Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Jun 26, 2009, 09:03 PM

Its simon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search