Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ac6987 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 08:58 PM
    Violation of Probation on Technical Terms

Ok so my boyfriend was charged with a crime back in November of 2008 in which was for possession of burgarly tools he was then released after serving time in late January 2009, and given two years probation. He was released from jail and was staying with friends because his parents got a divorce while he was in jail and moved out of state, he had to move and tried to move in with me but since he had this charge my apt complex would not let him live at my house, and his probation officer when tried to transfer it for him said the county I lived in he would need to be on my lease, well my lease was almost up and we started looking for a place and found one to move in on may 31st, but until then for about a month he was staying with a friend near the end they had gotten into a argument and when my boyfriends probation officer came to visit the ex friend said he wasn't staying there and then he moved in the new apt with me and had no idea this occurred he updated his info with p/o he went to his June meeting with her everything was fine so he thought and then was pulled over for light being out on the car brake and was told he had a warrant, and was arrested he has been in jail a whole week now and has had a first appearance in which he was told he would need to see the judge who issued warrant it is scheduled for later this week but I'm very worried on what can happen, if they do sentence him in anyway he has total of the whole time since the original charge in jail 91 days so I guess that is good. He has been doing everything right and things were starting to go really good. What could happen? I heard possible 30 or 120 days with his jail credit he should be out in no time ? I was thinking of writing letter of recommendation and getting some letters would that work? I'm so confused he has been looking for a job forever now and finally was having orentation for one next week in which he isn't going to be able to attend. I know he can possibly get amt of time for original charge but its not something that was really his fault. Please provided me with any knowledge you may know thank you:confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2009, 06:57 AM

Hello ac:

This SHOULD not be a big deal, and they SHOULD not sanction him for it. The only advice I could give you boyfriend is to stay in closer contact with the PO.

That doesn't mean they agree with me. As a matter of fact, they seldom agree with me.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 11:22 AM

Most likely just use the time served and put back on probation, But he has to work closer with their PO
    Powellc76 Posts: 11, Reputation: 4

Jun 22, 2009, 08:22 PM

In my opinion He should be fine as long as you don't live in Florida. If you do live in Florida... Well.. You should maybe look into getting another Boyfriend.

Jun 23, 2009, 08:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Powellc76 View Post
    In my opinion He should be fine as long as you dont live in Florida. If you do live in Florida...Well.. You should maybe look into getting another Boyfriend.
    I do live in Florida, yes I know the systems are horrible here

Jun 23, 2009, 09:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello ac:

This SHOULD not be a big deal, and they SHOULD not sanction him for it. The only advice I could give you bf is to stay in closer contact with the PO.

That doesn't mean they agree with me. As a matter of fact, they seldom agree with me.

excon

I spoke to his probation officer and she said she recommended jail time or house arrest, my friend is getting a letter from a friend of his who is a DA I don't know if that will help or not saying he believes jail is not the right place for him etc and a couple other people wrote recommendations. I'm so worried his po is very stern she said he lied to her but he never did. He was telling me today he met some one in there who had a large charge and they were given probation and violated with a drug charge and they went in front of judge and were given ten days and reinstated. But was a different judge I think its crazy he said his judge and state attorney are harsh!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2009, 09:14 PM

Hello again, a:

He'll cruise.

excon

Jun 29, 2009, 08:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, a:

He'll cruise.

excon

I hope so I went to his court hearing on Thursday last week this judge is harsh! Not one person and they were all there for vop walked they all got yrs in prison etc he pleaded not guilty to the moving without permission violation as his po made it and so he can have a hearing so he goes next thurs, its getting so old. Its scary though this judge is so nasty

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the terms of non reporting probation [ 3 Answers ]

I am on non reporting probation and have it planned to leave the country April 20th, I figure since I not reporting I can but people have said other wise

Maryland terms of probation [ 5 Answers ]

In the state of Maryland, if the court does not order mandatory drug tests as a term of probation, can they still be administered at the probation officer's discretion? Or is there no chance of being drug tested if it is not court stipulated.

Technical probation violation [ 5 Answers ]

OK so I have been on probation for just about 2years wit a year to go and my p.o. violated me cause not complying with droping uring constantly,as well as not getting drug assessment,so I go to cour this week what might happen? Im required to drop urine once a week which I have been doing for...

Probation terms [ 6 Answers ]

One of my terms of probation is to not possess a firearm for 10 years. I need to get this changed I getting a new job where I need to carry a gun. Its been 2 years of the 10 I have no priors, the gun was found in my car.

Confused about terms and conditions of probation [ 2 Answers ]

I get random drug tests for treatment in lieu of a conviction for prescription fraud. Yesterday I asked... could I have a drink of wine on occasion, if it there is no restriction of alcohol in my terms and conditions. I went for my random drug test and found out they test for ethanol... is that...

View more questions Search