Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    echatwin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 07:03 AM
    Adopting 23 year old step daughter
    Can my partner adopt my 23 year old daughter as this is her wish, she has no relationship with her birth father any more my partner and I have lived together with my daughter for 10 years, please help
    :confused:
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2006, 10:45 AM
    At age 23, she is emancipated and doesn't need to be adopted or have anyone appointed as custodial caregiver. Your daughter doesn't have to acknowledge her father if she doesn't want and he no longer has any parental rights that would compel her to do so. If your daughter wishes to acknowledge your partner as her father and regard him as such, that's her privilege.
    echatwin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2006, 02:52 PM
    Thanks for reply, I think she just wants to express her devotion to my partner and try to sever all links to her father, but quite rightly she has no contact and should just forget about him as he has no bearing in her life, so thanks for taking time to reply. :)
    collinsmom Posts: 45, Reputation: 3

Nov 6, 2006, 05:02 PM
    Hello, I just wanted to post that I have a girlfriend that was adopted by a family at age 26. Her Birthfather (and birthmother) "disowned" her at age 18 for dating someone they did not approve of. My friend became very close to a family and the parents (with 3 grown children) asked if she would like to be adopted. My friend jumped at the chance because she loved them as a family and longed for a family. So, it possible. I would recommend contacting an adoption lawyer in your city. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

10 Year Old Daughter Bad Stomach Aches [ 4 Answers ]

Hi my 10 year old daughter was taken to A@E with really bad adominal pain 5 weeks ago she describes the pain as sharp stabbing pains as if someone is stabbibg her she screams and can't stand walk or anything to get rid of it they discovred she had blood in her urine and put her on a corse of...

Please help with my 21 year old daughter [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I have done what I would consider on a scale of 100 for parenting around 95%. Please someone help with your advise on what to do with my 21 year old daughter who left our home at 18 for college. She was raised with strong moral values - by the way I have two daughters 21 & 22...

8 year old daughter who masturbates [ 13 Answers ]

Hi, I have a little girl that has such a problem with this that I am at my wits end. See she doesn't care where she is she does it anywhere. I guess it would not be so bad if she knew to do this in private only. So I don't no how to handle this situation anymore. The doctors have put her on...

My 8 year old daughter won't eat [ 18 Answers ]

Every dinner is a battle.. anyone have any advise on this..

Future Step-daughter Insists on Bringing 2yr old [ 10 Answers ]

I would really like people's opinion on this... I am getting married soon to a man with a 2 yr. old grandson. We are not inviting children to the wedding, which will be in th evening & held in a historic home. My fiancé called his daughter, who must travel from out of town, to discuss our...

View more questions Search