Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Piggley Winks Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 10:20 AM
    Building up credit without a credit card
    Hi,

What are the other ways to build up credit other than having a credit card?

Please help. Thank you!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2009, 11:35 AM

Sure, obtaining and paying loans on time; purchasing a house and keeping the mortgage payments up to date; renting and being on time with the rent (and asking your landlord to inform the credit bureau).
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Jun 20, 2009, 11:38 AM

Take out a small loan.
    Don't use the money.
    Pay back the loan.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 11:39 AM

Is taking a loan out and paying the loan back with the loan money allowed? If it is, I may try this. IF I qualify for the loan in the first place!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2009, 11:57 AM

You have to give a reason for the loan and lying is never a good idea. No one will give you a loan to be used to pay back that same loan.

You might open a small store charge and buy a piece of furniture. After I was divorced I obtained a checking account with direct debit and that was reported to the credit bureaus.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Being sued for credit card debt by law firm representing credit card company [ 7 Answers ]

Well, its happened. I have received a summons for a credit card debt by law firm. I have to go to the county court house to talk with the clerk... (not sure what will happen,never been sued before)If I don't go within 20 days, they say they will start proceedings to garnishing my wages. I do owe...

Problems in not paying a Corporate credit card and also a personal credit card [ 1 Answers ]

1. We are the main share holders in a "S" corp. The corporation is not longer doing business but have an outstanding credit card balance. We are making the mim payments but will not be able any longer. What can be done to us if we stop paying. 2. We also used a personal credit card for this...

Civil summons for a credit card, but my fianc? Has never had a credit card [ 13 Answers ]

Hello! My fiancé has received a civil summons from a law firm representing Discover card. My fiancé has never had a discover card in his life. His parents hae one, but the civil summons is for him. He has never received a bill or a letter or a phone call. Apparently the card balance has been...

Building Credit Using Credit Card [ 1 Answers ]

I recently signed up for, received, and have already begun using a new credit card in my own name and own account (my previous card was in my name but under my father's account). I have not yet received my first bill. The main reason that I got the card in the first place as opposed to just using...

View more questions Search