Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Prowl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 09:16 AM
    Toilet Bubbling
    Symptoms: toilet backs up... bubbles when I turn the bathroom sink on. I've had it snaked , hit it with the water jet all the way to the street and I bought a new toilet this has been happening intermittently for weeks since the town came and worked on the sewers. It started by backing up and I mean backing up a lot of stuff and now the toilet does not go down just bubbles when the sink is on and backs up into a mop sink. Any advice is appreciated Thank You Antonio
    STG Posts: 84, Reputation: 7

Jun 20, 2009, 09:19 AM

From reading the comments of the experts who've helped me with my own plumbing challenges (thanks again!! ), it sounds like you may have a clogged vent. You'll have to go on the roof and check the vent to ensure that it's allowing air to escape.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 09:27 AM

Hello Antonio,

Rule of thumb! Bubbles= drainage clog, while Gurgles = a blocked vent or poor venting.

You have clogged drain, snake it from the roof vent, rod enough to reach from the roof to the basement floor plus 20 feet extra, good luck.

John
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 20, 2009, 09:49 AM
    I agree with John. STG got it backwards. You have a partial clog in the toilet drain line. Snake from the lavatory roof vent. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bubbling toilet [ 3 Answers ]

This is a simple question. When the upstairs toilet is flushed, the downstairs toilet bubbles up. I realize there is a block somewhere. Can I pour anything into the toilet that may help to clear this up ? I have a septic tank.

Bubbling toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Strata four storie apartment block, a main floor toilet bubbles when a forth floor directly above, shower or washing machine empties... all plumbing goes to the underground parking

For the last week or so only one of three toilets in the house "bubbles" in the bowl at random times. We are on a septic system pumped yearly. The toilet does not appear to be clogged because it flushes fine. It is located upstairs but the other upstairs toilet does not bubble. This problem started...

Toilet Bubbling [ 1 Answers ]

When The Washer Drains, It Causes The Toilet To Bubble And Drain Itself. On The Second Drain Out From The Washer, The Toilet Will Bubble Again, But Then The Soapy Water Also Slightly Backs Up Into The Bath Tub. We Have Already Run An Auger Through The Main Valve On The Outside Of The House. This...

I just moved into a two story apartment. I noticed that when the people above flush their toilet, I can hear the water run down and my toilet bubbles up. This sometimes throws out a little bit of water. The apartment complex has had plumbers come out twice, but I still have the same problem. Any...

View more questions Search