Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cej3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 06:17 AM
    Water psi drops to zero before pump comes on
    I have a point with a jet pump. Cut in 40 psi - cut out 60 psi. Recently the psi drops to zero psi then kicks on a minute later. It goes up to 60 psi then turns off. Then when you use water it drops slowly to 40 psi then plummets to zero. What's up?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 20, 2009, 06:23 AM
    Sounds like you might have a bad check/foot valve that's allowing the pressure to bleed back into the well. A check valve's located in the suction line above ground while a foot valve's located in the well. However if a foot valve's gone bad it's possible to insta;ll a check valve on the suction line next to the pump. Good luck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pressure drops when pump kicks on [ 9 Answers ]

I have an older well with a two year old pressure tank. It worked fine all summer, even watering my lawn. Lately the pressure in the house seems to drop after a few minutes of use and cannot build back up unless you turn off the faucet or shower. My switch shuts off at 56 and kicks on at 40. When...

Water drops [ 1 Answers ]

When falling water drop under gravity it split into small drops how?

Well pump works until 30 lb then drops to 0 [ 4 Answers ]

I have a new 6"well 160 feet deep.Pump is installed at 145 feet.Amtrol wx203 tank is charged to 28 lbs. for a 30-50 pressure switch.running kitchen faucets or lavatory faucets pump works wonderfully.Symmons temptrol shower valve with 2-1/2gpm showerhead runs fine until gauge reaches pressure cut in...

Water Pressure Drops [ 1 Answers ]

Our house is built in the year 2000. We have a well system and lately our pressure drops when we use it. For a second, water trickles down and then stops until the pressure is back again. This is happening for a few months. Do you know what is wrong with it? We have a Well-X-troll tank by Amtrol...

Well Water at 20 psi - then drops! [ 3 Answers ]

Do I need a new well? I have had low water pressure for about a week. I checked the pressure tank and pumped it up to 60 psi. Is that too high - too low? Did not fix the problem. We have a well. Water table is fine - east coast. I checked the pressure gauge of the pump and it is 20 -...

View more questions Search