Ask
    talal-crackdown Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 04:46 AM
    Why do I not study
    Hey all
    I am a student of chartered accountancy but I am facing problems
    There is no problems about course study
    It all about my behaviour
    I want to study but I get sluggish all the time and after studying 2or 3 hours I get tired and do not studay again
    My exams are approaching nearer and I need to study
    Please help me out I am a lazy guy:cool:
    thewiseoldwoman Posts: 28, Reputation: 9

Jun 20, 2009, 06:36 AM

As adults we set our own goals and standards for ourselves. If flunking out is OK with you, be a lazy guy. If your goal is to pass and you value knowledge to raise your standards, start studying. You could get creative with your studies, but you said you are a lazy guy so I will skip the suggestions. Good luck! You will go as far in life as you choose :)
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2009, 10:53 AM

You might find it helpful to break up your study time. Study for an hour, take break... go for a walk, listen to some music, have something to eat, etc. and then study some more. Give yourself a set time frame however instead of just saying you will get back to it later.

Figure out when you study best. Are you a morning person? Would it help to do some studying first thing so that you don't get distracted later in the day and keep putting it off? Maybe setting a time each day... right after dinner for example.

Are you getting enough rest so that you can think clearly when you do study? Eating well? Staying well hydrated... this most definitely can effect your concentration.

Would you do better studying in a different location... maybe a library for example where you don't have any distraction. Sometimes trying to get it all done at home is difficult because you can always find something else to be doing.

Could you study with someone else? Do you know anyone taking some same course(s)... or even different courses but that you could still study with.

Jun 20, 2009, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thewiseoldwoman View Post
    As adults we set our own goals and standards for ourselves. If flunking out is ok with you, go ahead and be a lazy guy. If your goal is to pass and you value knowledge to raise your standards, start studying. You could get creative with your studies, but you said you are a lazy guy so I will skip the suggestions. Good luck! You will go as far in life as you choose :)
    Dear
    I have told you that I am a lazy guy because I am angry at me...
    There is no tolreance for faliure in my life because I am a distinction holder and I can't go along with faliure... but sometimes these kind of difficulties surround me that's why I am asking for help
    I will really appriciate if you give your suggestions... waiting

Jun 20, 2009, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    You might find it helpful to break up your study time. Study for an hour, take break....go for a walk, listen to some music, have something to eat, etc., and then study some more. Give yourself a set time frame however instead of just saying you will get back to it later.

Figure out when you study best. Are you a morning person? Would it help to do some studying first thing so that you don't get distracted later in the day and keep putting it off? Maybe setting a time each day.....right after dinner for example.

Are you getting enough rest so that you can think clearly when you do study? Eating well? Staying well hydrated...this most definitely can effect your concentration.

Would you do better studying in a different location.....maybe a library for example where you don't have any distraction. Sometimes trying to get it all done at home is difficult because you can always find something else to be doing.

Could you study with someone else? Do you know anyone taking some same course(s)...or even different courses but that you could still study with.
    First of all... million of thanks to you that you have replied greatly in response to my problem... may God bless you forever...
    Secondly... I tell you whatever you have asked...
    Yes I do take a break and have some fun after studying but this rest unfortunately persists for a very long time so that I can only able to study a single subject in a day although I have to study 3 subjects...
    And today after reading your post I have figure out my time in which I can study.. it is night time...
    And about my diet... there is no routine of my diet... sometimes I take a heavy diet or sometimes I don't take any diet...
    About rest... I am taking good rest but I have another problem that my sleep is not in my control once I get sleep I wake up after 10 hours... I think this is another issue influncing my routine...
    And a good suggestion from you thank you for this.. I will change my location time by time for study...
    Dear... there are some other issues also can I ask about those from you as well?
    thewiseoldwoman Posts: 28, Reputation: 9

Jun 20, 2009, 11:22 AM

OK failure is not an option. So you really aren't lazy you are having problems being motivated or staying on task with your studies?

DoulaLC has some good ideas. I would say anytime you have studied for 2 to 3 hours it is past time for a break. If you have a bulletin board anywhere at school, you could post a notice to advertise for a study group.

Do you need help with study technique ideas?

Jun 20, 2009, 11:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thewiseoldwoman View Post
    ok failure is not an option. So you really aren't lazy you are having problems being motivated or staying on task with your studies?

DoulaLC has some good ideas. I would say anytime you have studied for 2 to 3 hours it is past time for a break. If you have a bulletin board anywhere at school, you could post a notice to advertise for a study group.

Do you need help with study technique ideas?
    Thank you
    You have pin pointed my problem.. I can not adhere to my task these days... and I will appriciate you if you give some of your precious techniques...

Jun 20, 2009, 11:37 AM

DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2009, 12:06 PM

How is your concentration in other areas? Are you able to pay attention through your classes? When you are doing something that interests you?

Could it be some of the work you have to study is just not interesting to you? That would certainly make it more difficult to stay focused on it.

Think of what your final goal is... passing your exams, preferably with high marks.

Would it help to plan your study time into your day? Maybe plan to study each night for just one hour so that it doesn't seem too overwhelming... say from 9:00-10:00 is when you study. Going for 2-3 hours can be difficult and you likely aren't actually concentrating on the material as well as you might otherwise.

Stick with just one subject a night maybe and see if that helps at all.

It really comes down to just doing it... making yourself. Acknowledge that you don't want to do it, but that you just will because it is what is necessary to help you reach your goal.

Putting it off only makes it seem that much worse, and causes you unnecessary stress... you will feel much better about it if you set your mind to it and make steps towards making it as easy to deal with as possible.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 12:11 PM

Bottom line is, if you want it enough, you will get up and DO it. Its up to you hon. We can suggest all you want, but in the end it comes down to YOU.

I was very very lazy for the longest time. I'm ashamed to admit that I would sit my daughter in front of the TV when she was 3 and lay on the couch to go back to sleep in the mornings.

Then one day I woke to find her drinking dish soap.

Thank god it was only dishsoap. But SO many other dangerous things went through my mind and I NEVER did it again. Because I wanted my child safe. Now I am up at 7am each morning with her (she is 5 now) and starting my day right and not being lazy around the house in my jammys all day.

Wow I rambled! Sorry. My point is, everyone can get lazy at some point. But its up to YOU to decide if you are going to put an end to it or not.

Good luck. And I wish you the best. *hugs*

Jun 23, 2009, 03:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC View Post
    How is your concentration in other areas? Are you able to pay attention through your classes? When you are doing something that interests you?

Could it be some of the work you have to study is just not interesting to you? That would certainly make it more difficult to stay focused on it.

Think of what your final goal is.....passing your exams, preferrably with high marks.

Would it help to plan your study time into your day? Maybe plan to study each night for just one hour so that it doesn't seem too overwhelming.....say from 9:00-10:00 is when you study. Going for 2-3 hours can be difficult and you likely aren't actually concentrating on the material as well as you might otherwise.

Stick with just one subject a night maybe and see if that helps at all.

It really comes down to just doing it....making yourself. Acknowledge that you don't want to do it, but that you just will because it is what is necessary to help you reach your goal.

Putting it off only makes it seem that much worse, and causes you unnecessary stress...you will feel much better about it if you set your mind to it and make steps towards making it as easy to deal with as possible.
    Well
    As far as my concentration in the class is concerned,I can pay attention to all the lectures and I can concentrate on what the teacher is telling... and about subects... there are some subjects which I dislike but I want to get pass my exam with flying colour so I am trying to study hard and overcome my deficiency in these subjects as well...
    And about time... I have found my time of study.. I am studying from 8 pm onwards... it is helping me.. and from your suggestions I am feeling very motivated... thankyou very much and keep advising me...

Jun 23, 2009, 03:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    bottom line is, if you want it enough, you will get up and DO it. its up to you hon. we can suggest all you want, but in the end it comes down to YOU.

i was very very lazy for the longest time. im ashamed to admit that i would sit my daughter in front of the tv when she was 3 and lay on the couch to go back to sleep in the mornings.

then one day i woke to find her drinking dish soap.

thank god it was only dishsoap. but SO many other dangerous things went thru my mind and i NEVER did it again. because I wanted my child safe. now i am up at 7am each morning with her (she is 5 now) and starting my day right and not being lazy around the house in my jammys all day.

wow i rambled! sorry. my point is, everyone can get lazy at some point. but its up to YOU to decide if you are going to put an end to it or not.

good luck. and i wish you the best. *hugs*
    Yes you are right jennie... all is on me if I want to do any thing... but important thing is that there are so nice people in this world like you who are taking part in resolving the problems of others... blessed ones.. May your daughter be safe forever...
    Well after reading your post I get my energies back and now I am consider myself like a normal human not a lazy one... keep advising me.. they mean a lot to me..
    zaizhu Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jun 23, 2009, 06:25 AM

Your problem is to control yourself reasonably! You must make your life in order! Maybe you have never done it before, and good study needs the orderly arrangement! So you feel difficult to have a study! I am a student in college, sometimes I was also tired with my study! But I would try to stay with the persons who have same courses with me !we studied together and had a rest together! We all wanted to study more than others! In that environment, I could study more!so why not gather the persons who have same courses with you !and study together!
    I think it is a good way !
    Jaytdk Posts: 50, Reputation: -1

Feb 20, 2010, 12:43 AM

Force yourself to study, if you don't then you'll difficulty passing your exams
    laura10109 Posts: 61, Reputation: -3

May 28, 2011, 12:25 PM
    You must study! Remember this tips:
    1. if you don't study call yourself stupid!
    2. put a memo card
    3. try to do it
    4. if not think of getting the worse marks ever that helped me to study when I was 5 lol
    laura10109 Posts: 61, Reputation: -3

May 28, 2011, 12:26 PM
    Comment on zaizhu's post
    GOod idea better than mine

Jun 5, 2011, 02:20 AM

Thanks laura10109,
    Your tips are really helping me... I thinks you have experienced same difficulties before...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't study! [ 7 Answers ]

I can't seem to get myself to study!

Can I study in H4 in US? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I am in H4.. I want to study in going for regular college. Please tell me in detail can I study in H4 in US and what should I do? It will be better if you could give me an detail answer and procedures also

Study help [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know any good methods of studying for Science? ( like earth science ) I really need to get my grades up. Thanks for the help. :cool:

View more questions Search