Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Jun 20, 2009, 03:28 AM
    How to keep dog cool in car
    Well I go to town a couple times a week and my rule of thumb is where ever I go Rex comes with me... With a few exceptions of course(school,hospital,church). Anyway we are now in the summer months and the car can get really hot. So any ideas on how to keep my pup cool while in the car??
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 20, 2009, 04:14 AM
    Some of these suggestions sound silly, some obvious, but add them all together.

1. Park in the shade
    2. Roll all the windows down 6" or so
    3. Pick up some cheap personal fans and hang a couple on the window to maintain airflow
    4. In the floorboard on a plastic sheet(garbage bag), leave him a water dish with at most a cup of water for every hour you'll be gone. Don't forget the ice.
    5. If it's going to be longer than 2 hours, leave him at home.

Jun 20, 2009, 04:19 AM

Thanks Catsmine, all very good suggestions.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2009, 05:05 AM

You can get those metal grates that you use to block off half your window... They are adjustable and lockable so people can't break into your car...

Also get a car sunshade that goes on the inside of your windows... you can get ones that go all the way across your front windscreen as well as side window ones.

Jun 20, 2009, 08:25 AM

You know what shazamataz, I was telling my mom about the sunshades. You can even get them at the Dollarstore. They look like a great idea thanks.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rex123 View Post
    You know what shazamataz, I was telling my mom about the sunshades. You can even get them at the Dollarstore. They look like a great idea thanx.
    They are great... at my old work we had to park our cars out in the sun and I would sit in my car during my lunchbreaks, I nearly boiled to death in summer. I got a sunshade and it was like my car was in the shade! No more sweaty underarms after lunch :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is he just saying this to seem cool? [ 2 Answers ]

I used to hangout with this guy for months and we got to be so close and then he randomly got a girlfriend and tried to hide it from me by buying me a nice necklace. Once I found out I told him off and moved on. At first he seemed upset about our friendship ending but then we saw each other once...

Heat Pump Doesn't cool, even heats up whenon Cool Setting [ 4 Answers ]

About a 10 year old "YORK High Performance" heat pump... The heat pump was set to Cool for my summer AC and usually has been working well. At noon on a warm day it stopped The element inside-blower with the freon (sp?) would not get cool and for short times heat up blowing warm air in an...

Wouldn't it be cool [ 1 Answers ]

I was just browsing through GameFaqs, because that is what I do. I saw Pokemon Battle Revolution on the list, and checked it out. It listed in GameFaqs as a "Fantasy > Strategy > Turn Based". My heart immediately went flutter, but when I read the previews was informed that it was just another...

Cool air [ 1 Answers ]

When should I put add coolant to my centralA/c unit and is there a way to do it myself?

Hot box is cool [ 1 Answers ]

When my furnace is running I can touch the hot box with my bare hand. I do not think this is normal is should be hotter. I have a flame, the fan works but it is just not putting out heat. I am in a manufactured home and have a coleman furnace the year built was 2001 Shult homes was the builder. ...

View more questions Search