Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LdyMacca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 04:07 PM
    Pet Caterpillar, a few questions
    To make a long story short, I'm taking care of my 2nd cousins' pet caterpillar, because his mother wouldn't allow it in the house and he didn't want to put it back into the wild, so I offered to take it.

I'm curious to know, what type of Caterpillar he is, I already figured out he's a moth (I think? Lol)
    And also, his diet and when he starts to go into a cocoon.

Which brings me to my next question. He used to be Green an now is a reddish brown.
    I'll have to get a picture of the after color, but here's what he looked like prior to being taken home.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...613091706c.jpg

Any information on him would be greatly helpful!

N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2009, 04:29 PM

It is a grub and I do believe they like garden vegetables.

Here is an image link to caterpillars.

caterpillars - Google Image Search
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2009, 10:59 PM

I agree with nohelp, garden veggies would be good to try.

I am not very educated in caterpillar care haha but I think that some varieties will only eat leaves off certain plants.
    joyluo1999 Posts: 240, Reputation: 12

Jun 30, 2009, 12:26 PM

Hi I've had caterpillars and they eat fruit leaves like apple tree leaves and bean leaves and they also eat maple leaves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Are You Pregnant Or Think You Are? Have Questions? Post New Questions Here.. [ 21 Answers ]

Hi and welcome to the forum. If you think you might be pregnant, or are pregnant, post your questions here, as the other thread is getting so large that it's hard to keep them organized. Also, if you are a teen and have questions and/or fears, let us know and we'll help as best as we can, or find...

Katie the Caterpillar Cartoon [ 6 Answers ]

I loved this one as a child! I want to say the title of this cartoon movie is "Katie the Caterpillar" But, I can't find it anywhere. Its this little green caterpillar named katie and she wears this pink scarf on her head. It has some interesting music/sound affects in it. I remember her walking...

Investment Banks for Caterpillar [ 1 Answers ]

I am researching Caterpillar inc. and I need some direction. I need to find out what investment banks Caterpillar uses to issue their stock?

Large green caterpillar, but what kind? [ 1 Answers ]

My stepdaughter found a caterpillar today. He's about 2 to 2-1/2 inches long, a dark green and has 3 orange triangular markings on the rear end of his body. We live in northern Indiana, if this helps any.

Nymph movies with a guy who has a caterpillar hat [ 1 Answers ]

Im looking for the title of a movie I saw when I was little. It was about these five girls where one gets captured by an evil troll and the rest have to go a save her. There is a lot of singing and there is some type of magic staff that is stolen. There is also a guy who helps them who has a pet...

View more questions Search