Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catwoman84 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Bugs in dirty bath water
    This is goner be gross... 2 weeks ago I was in a rush to go see my sister in Detriot who was in an accident. So, I took a bath and left that same day. 2 weeks later on my return I realized I had forgot to let the water out of the bath. There were some small moldy looking stuff in the water along with what looks like misquito larvae. They where small and black with a small haad attach to a little wiggle tale they used to swim with. WHAT IS THIS? DID THESE THINGS COME FROM ME SOMEHOW??
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2009, 04:34 PM

No, the larvae came from the insects in your home. Just relax and don't worry about it. Clean the tub good with Ajax or Clorox bleach and the bugs won't return. What happened is an insect laid their eggs in the stagnant water while you were away and you happened to come home and find them before they progressed into adult flying bugs.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 07:40 PM
    Twinkie pretty much pegged this one. Most likely they were indeed mosquito larvae (called "wigglers" by the fishermen who use them as bait) or their cousins, midges.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dirty Well Water [ 9 Answers ]

My cold water is cloudy and sometimes muddy. I have a filter in the pump house that I have to change weekly now. What could cause the muddy water. The hot water is clean sometimes, but does occasionally come out cloudy. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Dirty well water [ 5 Answers ]

We are on a well system. We have a water softner. Right now the cold water is coming out of the spicket brown. The hot water is not as bad, however, black water comes out in spurts. Is this a problem or something that works out? We have had occasional brown water but it usually clears up. ...

Dirty water issues / hot water heater? [ 23 Answers ]

Hi all. This is my first post ever here. In short, my water is not clear. The hot water is much worse but I notice that the cold water isn't perfectly clear either. When I pour a glass of hot water it almost looks white while it settles down. When I pour cold water into a glass it is not...

Dirty hot water [ 2 Answers ]

Only the hot water is a yellow color. I drained the hot water heater the water that came out of the hose looked clear after a while. When I finished draining I let the hot water run for several minutes but still comes out yellow. There appears to be no leaks with the hot water heater which is about...

How can I clean dirty or moldy grout in bath tiles? [ 1 Answers ]

I have several baths and bath floors where the grout between ceramic tiles has become dirty or moldy or both. The grout was sealed when it was put down, but is still porous and easily becomes dirty. I have tried the cleaning solutions available at Home Depot without much success, especially on...

View more questions Search