Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2009, 02:01 PM

I would ask your doctor to do a quantitative blood test. If you are not showing levels of hcg by this point, you are not pregnant. Then you can discuss ways that you might try to get your cycles more regular.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2009, 02:07 PM

Hon, I'm sorry your going through all this confusion. Its hard I know.

But it doesn't not sound to me like you are pregnant. You may still be. But take into account that stress is a huge culprit for a missed period. You say your not stressed about anything, but the fact that you're here asking, and the tone in your posting communicates to me that you are VERY stressed out about this missed/late period and it could be effecting it.

Also keep in mind, since I started my period back at 13, to today at 24, I STILL skip months sometimes. For some women its normal to have longer cycles (meaning more days in between each period)

Most women have a period every 28 days. 28 days is an average cycle. However, MY cycle is every 46 days on average. Sometimes I have one every 28-32 days, but mostly its 46. Which means, I pretty much skip every other month.

This could be normal for you.

You need to go to your doctor and explain to him that since the tests are coming back negative, you want to find out WHY you haven't had a period.

And PLEASE, relax. Take a bath in the dark with some candles lit (get permission first) and eat some chocolate. Ice cream or a hershey bar is best for this :) above all you need to relax and destress SOMEHOW. OK? You sound very highstrung over all this.

Good luck hon. And keep us posted!

*edit* also, I read through the posts, and I don't THINK this was asked before, I may have missed it, but are you on any birth control? If you are NOT, sometimes birth control CAN regulate a period.
    JALABOO Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 11:49 PM

OK today 6/25/09 just by thinking this is my period I have light brown discharge or blood coming out it doesent get heavy at all usually when my period about to come on its dark red... I went to the bathroom several times and it just very little amount coming out... I wonder what could this be if you can tell me
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 03:33 AM

Maybe the start of your period. For some women it will start slowly.

If after a few days it doesn't seem like your usual period, go see your doctor again and ask for another pregnancy test. If you aren't pregnant, discuss other possible reasons, any other testing they may want to do, and what might be tried to help regulate your cycles.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 10:04 AM

I get the brown clottish discharge often around the time of my period, sometimes before sometimes after.

Good luck hon. And remember, don't stress too much.
    JALABOO Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2009, 07:52 PM

On3 more thing my period came on on the 54th day and it was tottally different... ion kno wat going on about me but lately i eat something 2 or 3 something in the morning and 10 minutes later i will feel sick or what you call trow-up.one day i woke up really really tired it was about 2:30 and went back to sleep and woke up at 4:00... i can usually go to sleep late and wake up early but know i can't so could you gu3ss what going on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

Really confused pregnant. Or not pregnant. [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I'm really confused.. I remember having a period mid week of Jan. I didn't have a period for the month of Feb. I'm normally regular and have a 28-30 day cycle. I have unprotected sex for the months of Jan and Feb. today March 17 I noticed there was light tan brown on the tissue I used. I've...

Nt pregnant [ 8 Answers ]

I am not pregnant again,it so discouraging.does anybody know what drugs to use for low sperm count.

Why can't I get pregnant? [ 14 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are perfectly healthy. We don't smoke or drink and we are both young. We have been trying for 6 months to get pregnant. We have been having sex every month when I am ovulating and most fertile. Can anyone help answer why I might be having such difficulties?

Am I pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

I was on the contraceptive implant and the pill at the same time stopped the pill and had a period then had the contraceptive implant out and I am 11 days late on my second period. No signs except headaches and weeing a lot a little cramp. Could I be pregnant I have done 4 ept all negative is it...

View more questions Search