Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Christean Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 02:02 PM
    1 1/2 year old boston terrier poops in crate and house
    I have Boston terrier that is 1 1/2 years old No matter how often I talk her out if she is in the house and I am not looking she will pee or poop somewhere in the house even if she just went out and did both.. She also pees in her crate almost every night and with mine and my boyfriends schedule she is let out at least every four hours and I regulate her water and her food intake or it is worse if anyone can please help me I have been trying to fix this for almost a year now!!
    Thanks,
    Christean
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 02:22 PM

After I calm down after reading your post, I will answer your question and I hope you follow my advice. Poor pup.

Tick
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 04:04 PM
    Why is the pup still in a crate? And why for so long? :(
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2009, 10:56 PM

I am hoping myself and others misunderstood the question...

Is she only in a crate for 4 hours while you and your partner are at work?
    Perhaps you could buy a baby gate and block off your kitchen or laundry so the dog has room to move while you are out.

She may actually be doing it out of spite... dogs can quite often purposefully poop where they aren't supposed to because they are mad at you for something.

She may have some degree of seapration anxiety as well.
    How does she react to you when you come home?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2 year old Boston Terrier walks with out leash but not with [ 3 Answers ]

We have a beautiful Boston terrier which over the course of time has decided to train himself... without any lessons ro training he will walk with us anywhere and everywhere.. inside a store outside at a park on down the street. BUT... as soon as I put the leash on him, he freezes right up and no...

Why is my 1 year old Boston pooping in his crate? [ 1 Answers ]

Help! I have a 1 year old male (neutered) Boston Terrier who started pooping and peeing in his cage. I take him out every couple hours, and just before bed time. He has to sleep in his crate at night because he eats anyhing and everything if not supervised. His crate is the perfect size, and he has...

Boston terrier [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old boston terrier. He has blood in his poop. Is this something I should be worried about ? I call the v et and she said it's probably OK.

My 2 year old terrier still poops in her crate [ 6 Answers ]

My 2 year old Manchester Terrier still poops in her kennel and it not just a little bit. We've tried everything we can think of. We don't keep any bedding in it because if we do she ruins it. It's really gross and we have to bathe her every day which is causing a skin condition. My biggest...

Boston Terrier Poops in house [ 2 Answers ]

7 month, male, Boston goes outdoors and poops heavily three times a day but will still find a way to poop in the house. Different sites on the NET talk about a special training method for Boston Terriers that is guarunteed to stop your dog from craping in the house for $49.95. I'm at my witts end...

View more questions Search