Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    captureme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 12:41 PM
    498A police case in INDIA
    MY WIFE LODGED A FALSE POLICE CASE IN INDIA on ME and MY FAMILY.
    The case is called dowry harassment and it is wellknown as section 498A.

I was never arrested, never put in JAIL. None of my family members were arrested. We have a lawyer and the case is in the court. We just have to attend the trails.

Been to the consulate in INDIA in the month April and they were able to trace this police case on me...

And after putting some questions to me in the second round...

Finally they gave me a 221g ON missing "employee wage report"... I had been to visa stamping for 4 to 5 times and also been to usa some 4 times...

So what is my future now ? Will I be getting visa on posting those docs required by the query document...

Will I be getting a visa and does usa allow me to enter their country ever ?

PLEASE RESPOND ASSA.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2009, 12:51 PM

The only way to know 100% about the US visa is to apply and see what the answer is.

Am I right - no charges were filed? You did not enter a guilty plea to anything and you were not found guilty of anything?
    captureme Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 12:40 PM
    I have been to the consulate for visa... and then they have traced the police case on me... and interrogated some general basic questions... and then they gave me a 221g (blue slip)... for missing unemployment wage report from my employer...

The thing is they have not mentioned anything about my police case or court cases on me... simply they gave 221g...
    Which I know is not at all related to the police case or the court case...

Now I will be submitting the docs... will I get the visa ? Would that case will be a hurdle... because in INDIA it takes ages to get rid of a false case...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US-India Tax treaty for students from India [ 13 Answers ]

I found out that for Students from India studying in USA under US-India Tax treaty , I can claim $5450 standard exemption under Article 21(2) . IS this true? Thaks in advance!

Do police lie? [ 7 Answers ]

Well this really has to do with getting pulled over for a back tail light that really wasn't broken the car smells like alcohol then the breath meter. NOW the cop tells me that I am doulble over the limit, I wanted to see for myself and the cop refused, I ask for a blood test as soon as I got to...

Should we go to the police? [ 25 Answers ]

Me and my friend have this friend and her boyfriend has been hitting her and he threatens her all the time and he even held a gun to her head at one point fallows her everywhere and has these freaky mind game type things and the other day he poked her in the eye and made her blind in one eye I mean...

Warning from police [ 1 Answers ]

Does a warning from police go on a record for tresspassing on someone else's property? I live in Illinois:confused:

View more questions Search