Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freida Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 12:28 AM
    CD driver will not read my printer cd
    My new HP laptop will not read my printer cd which is a Lexmark X4800.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 04:37 AM

It is possible that you have a bad CD, or that there is some conflict between the CD and the CD drive.
    The best thing to do is forget about the CD and go to Lexmark's website and download the latest driver for your printer. This is what I do with new devices--I don't even try to use the CD.

Best of luck,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Printer driver problems [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old hewlett packard that is running on windows millennium. My printer is a lexmark, where can I obtain a driver that is compatible with millennium, each time I try to download a driver it says it is uncompatible with millennium. Yeah I know I should upgrade but this works just fine and...

Vista Printer Driver for NEC SuperScript 870 Printer [ 0 Answers ]

Need a Vista Printer Driver for my NEC SuperScript 870 Printer.

Printer Driver [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a place on line where I can get a driver for my printer? After my hard drive crashed and getting a new one installed, I , of course, lost all my software. I can't find the disc to install the driver for my printer. It's a Canon i860. Thanks in advance.

HP Printer Driver [ 4 Answers ]

I am not sure which driver I need from the HP website. I need a driver (free) for my HP Deskjet D1320. Can anyone help me? :confused:

Updating Printer Driver [ 12 Answers ]

I am trying to update my Lexmark X1185 All-In-One driver ( Ver. 1.0.0.0 to 2.0.2.2 ). I keep getting this error message:- C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\S32EVNT1.DLL. An installableVirtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization. Choose " Close " to terminate the application. ( Close or Ignore ). If I...

View more questions Search