Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    royalline Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 10:02 PM
    2008 Kenmore Elite 721.66462 Microwave
    Help! Being a brilliant thrifty shopper ( ? ) I purchased a beautiful Kenmore Elite Microwave oven on eBay. It was a demo unit, and for six months it worked like a dream! The nightmare started early this week, when suddenly it refused to heat even a wee cup of water. I literally absorbed the manual that came with it, and found nothing describing what was happening in the troubleshooting guide. I made sure that there were four inch clearances all around it for proper venting. The outlet power had not changed, and I even moved it to the outlet our refrigerator is on to see if that could be the problem. No change. The only thing that heated up was my temper. Help! Should I just be grateful for the six months of good use and learn how to exist without a microwave? Praying it is not the magnatron...

Thanks!
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 05:06 AM

The magentron tube in the microwave is probably gone south. I can't think of anything else that will cause the problems you're describing.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2009, 07:33 AM

Once you go through this, you should be good too go, Good Luck:
    Notes on the Troubleshooting and Repair of Microwave Ovens

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Model # of Kenmore Elite Catalysts Washer set to Kenmore 110.60936990 dryer from 1999 [ 3 Answers ]

I am experiencing weird problems with my top of the line Kenmore Elite Catalysts washing machine. I bought the washer and dryer as a pair for about $1700 in 1999. The dryer model # is 110.60936990 but the sticker has worn off the washer so I do not know the model #. I think it could be...

Kenmore Microwave 80523500 [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore Microwave 72180523500 runs but does not cook or heat. Thanks

Kenmore Microwave doesn't heat up [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter ran the microwave empty and now it doesn't heat up! It's a Kenmore over the oven type. Help!!

Kenmore Microwave not heating [ 1 Answers ]

We just replaced a fan above our stove with a Kenmore microwave. The light and the clock work on the microwave but the microwave does not heat anything. Can the microwave work off any 110 outlet? Thank you, Linda

Kenmore over head microwave [ 2 Answers ]

My microwave only produces heat part of the time but the fan is always on when it's operational so you can't tell if it's heating the food or not until you pull it out. Could this be something I might be able to fix myself? I just spent $350 repairing my kenmore fridge last week and these...

View more questions Search