Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicktrins Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 10:00 PM
    Restricting to open selected folders of my PC
    How do restrict guest users of my PC to open control panel and other folders?
    olivesandtrees Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Sep 4, 2009, 07:37 AM

Are you using the built-in Guest account in Windows to give them access? If so, the Guest account is automatically setup to be very restricted on the system. See this Microsoft Support Article for more information on the built-in Guest account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't open folders with double click [ 1 Answers ]

Every time I try to open a folder up pops the command prompt and I can't open my folder. I have to right click and then click open in the drop down menu to open my folders. My files open fine, but my folders won't. Can anyone steer me to the right setting?

Why you were not selected. [ 1 Answers ]

Why do recruiters say that someone is not qualified for a position, when they are clearly qualified for the job and in most cases "over qualified" for the job (according to their resume)?

Can't open folders [ 1 Answers ]

Advise how can I open folders from desktop. Problem is when I click on folder the computer screen black out and can't open folders, my computer, my network places, my documents, recycle bin. But if I convert that folder in zip so it can open. And in safe mode everything is working properly. I have...

I can't open 'Internet Explorer', 'My Computer' or 'My Folders' [ 2 Answers ]

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 8:28:39 PM, on 6/6/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Running processes: D:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe D:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe D:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe...

Wife is restricting visitation [ 3 Answers ]

My wife is from Indonesia and has permanent residence status here in the US. In January 2005, she left with our son and went back to Indonesia. She came back to the US in August 2005. She allowed me to have visitation on weekends during Sept. Oct. and Nov. I filed for divorce in Dec. 2005. Now she...

View more questions Search