Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chicka2010 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 07:41 PM
    I'm late on my period am i pregnant
    Ok, wow I'm nervous. OK I have noticed that I'm running late on my period, I had my period last time on May 6.. The date now is June 18. My period are always random and I never really keep track and yes I am sexually activity and the last time I had an intercourse was in end of April. I'm only 17 about to turn 18, I weigh 135 lbs. when knowing that I'm about to start my period my boobs hurt and I break out bad. The things is that's been happening for the past two weeks. Latel I have noticed that I feel dizz and I'm always hungry and I always crying about something I haven't got sick or anything but I'm still a teenage aanad I'm just scared. I know I should go get a pregnant. Test or see my doctor the thing is I don't want to do anything and everything is fine because I have pregnant. Scares all the time. I don't know what to do, I can't have a baby and live my senior year and I don't want to have an abortation, and all things my parents still think I'm a virgin. So I know I gave you guys like a story but can anybody give me help I've looked on the inertent for the syptoms and things and they all say the same I just need so comments. Thanks...
    scared teenager.
    homelessandpoor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 09:26 PM
    First things first. Go to the dollar tree nearest you and buy a pregnancy test. Follow the easy instructions on the test. If you are indeed pregnant look in your phone book for a planned parent hood or contact your local health department. They will be able to offer you professional guidance as well as free medical care. If you are not pregnant take measures to ensure you stay that way. You state that you've had many pregnant. Scrares. I would think one would be enough to make you want to be more responsible about birth control measures. I'm not here to judge you but you need to know that if your maure enough to have sex than you need to be mature enough to handle the birth control issue. Planned parenthood offers free birth control to anyone. Last but not least talk to your mom, she may well be more understanding than you think. If that is out of the question seek out another trusted adult to talk to such as a teacher, guidance counselor,or parent of one of your friends. Good Luck!
    h_leann_b Posts: 247, Reputation: 35

Jun 19, 2009, 02:06 PM

Was your period in May normal? Or lighter than usual? Did it last less than your normal period? Have you been stressed out about anything the last month? Finals? Grades? Boyfriend troubles? Have you changed eating or sleeping habits? There are a lot of things that can make you late on your period. You need to go get a urine test. You can go to the grocery store, or like the poster above a dollar store. Use first morning urine as it is more concentrated and more likely to give you the best result.

If you are pregnant then you need to talk to your parents. If you are not, you need to get on birth control. Don't wait too long to get a test though. If you are pregnant you need to start pre-natal care!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 02:08 PM

Take a pregnancy test, that's the only way to know for sure.

If you're having sex, even with protection, you can become pregnant, it's always a possibility.

If you're not ready for pregnancy, you're not ready for sex.

Good luck.
    JALABOO Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2009, 07:52 PM
    Well imma tell you like this you should go out and buy a test if it is negative wait about a week or two and repeat if it still says negative you should go to the doctor and get a blood test I'm in the same situation that you are in I I have to wait about a week in a half to repeat... but if you are pregnant just find a way to tell your mom I hope that help you a lot
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Jun 20, 2009, 05:23 PM

Its about that time to take the test
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Jun 20, 2009, 05:42 PM

Take the test. It may be postitive but it may not. But either way you really should find out.. the sooner you know the sooner you can get on with your life or make a decision. Its scary but I think its worst not knowing.. good luck.

Jun 20, 2009, 06:24 PM
    Thanks, I mean it helped a lot. So I took a pregnant. Test and it didn't work so I don't know what that means. (good or bad sign) but I've talked to many people that I trust and they helped me in sort of ways but not the help that I was looking for. But when I said I had lots of pregnant. Scared I meant it in as that every time I have sex I get scared. I have been on birth control but stopped because it was making me sick

My periods never last longer than 5 days and are usually 3-4. and I start haviey and then get lighter. Last period was longer than usually and kind of lighter but mostly the same. I'm going to get another pregnant. Test tommorw. And hope for the best. But I have been emotional over grades and me and my mom been fighting like crazy.

Thanks again... stay with me and help me and ill keep you posted
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 20, 2009, 07:14 PM

And of course if you are having sex are you using birth control. Are you on the pill, and using a condom. No method is 100 percent.

But if you are not using any birth control, then it is much more likely.

So if you are not ready to be a mommy, you seriously need to reconsider having sex.

Jun 20, 2009, 07:36 PM
    I never said I didn't want to be a mommy. That never came out. I want to be a mommy so bad I love kids, and everything but I'm 17 and its my senior year and I'm just scared. I asked for help not for people comments on me not ready to be a mom and should not having sex. I always said if you are responable for having sex your responable to have a baby. I'm just nervous and looking for adivise for people that went through this or has a daughter not for a person to tell me my mistake.

I just want advice on the steps to be a mother.
    Fyi: I don't even know if I'm pregnant.
    superscullgirl Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2009, 07:40 PM

No, I have had mine and I do not get it every month. You Do not have to have a period every month. But, if I were you: I would take a pregnancy test, Just In Case.

--Kaylee
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2009, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chicka2010 View Post
    i never said i didn't want to be a mommy. that never came out. i want to be a mommy so bad i love kids, and everything but im 17 and its my senior year and im just scared. i asked for help not for people comments on me not ready to be a mom and should not having sex. i always said if you are responable for having sex your responable to have a baby. im just nervous and looking for adivise for people that went through this or has a daughter not for a person to tell me my mistake.

i just want advice on the steps to be a mother.
    fyi: i don't even know if im pregnant.
    Re-read what Chuck said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    So if you are not ready to be a mommy, you seriously need to reconsider having sex.
    He said if you are not ready. It's great that you love kids. It's great that you want to be a mommy someday. But if you are 17 yrs old, no one is going to come here and nonchalantly advise you to continue have sex and "don't worry about it if you get pregnant".

Many of the people that have responded to your thread are parents. Some were young parents; some waited. The fact remains: being a parent is the most difficult job in the world. You haven't even finished high school so how in the world do you think you could take care of a child?

You may not have come here for these responses but we all see the things that you do not because we've been there. Babies are cute but they don't stay babies forever and they are very demanding. No amount of babysitting prepares you for being a parent. So what we're all saying is why continually open yourself up to possibly ruining the rest of your life? Why not focus on school and being young?

When you ask certain questions, you're not going to only get a yes/no response; often the people that respond are going to step back and look at the situation as a whole and then offer advice based on the total picture. Here we see a scared 17 yr old that's afraid to talk to her parents about being sexually active, which then means she's not taking proper precautions against pregnancy, also means she's not really informed on risky sexual behavior, could not be getting the proper prenatal care (if pregnant), and is definitely not in a mental or financial state to raise a child. Just telling you what we see and why you got these responses.

Jun 21, 2009, 07:17 PM
    So I'm pergnant...
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2009, 08:11 PM

Talk to your parents if you haven't already.

Now schedule an appt with an ob/gyn.

Jun 24, 2009, 07:20 PM
    I told my parents, they weren't thrilled that's for sure. But I also made a appoiment, I think everything is going to be OK.
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2009, 07:36 PM
    i just want advice on the steps to be a mother.
    so im pergnant......
    Step One to be a mother - Learn how to spell pregnant.

Complete as much education as possible, your children will be learning from you.

If you want the ability to support a child then you need to be able to communicate in the written language, as you will be unhireable in most positions if you can not.

Considering the fact that being pregnant at 17 limits your ability to continue on for a college education, learn as much as you can on your own. There aren't many positions available for people without a college education, so you have to improve your marketability.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2009, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    Step One to be a mother - Learn how to spell pregnant.

Considering the fact that being pregnant at 17 limits your ability to continue on for a college education, learn as much as you can on your own. There aren't many positions available for people without a college education, so you have to improve your marketability.

I think it was a honest spelling mistake... "pregnant" was spelled correctly in her original post.

I agree wholeheartedly... your education will be more of a challenge but it certainly can be done. Your senior year has just finished or is next year your senior year? If it is next year, check with your school district as some offer programs for teen mothers to make sure they finish school, or it may not be an issue in your particular school. If you just graduated, you may decide to take a year off before going to college, if you are planning to go, or you may decide to start right in. You can also look into taking courses online... many colleges and universities offer full degree programs online.

Start on a prenatal vitamin, make healthy food and drink choices, stay away from cigarette smoke as much as possible, always use your seat belt, keep all of your doctor appointments, read about pregnancy,childbirth, and taking care of a newborn... there are many excellent books that can be helpful, make any lifestyle changes that you know would be wise for you and your baby.

Surround yourself with friends who will be helpful and supportive... but be aware that some may not stick around after awhile. Hopefully your boyfriend is in the picture and will remain so. Lean on your parents for their help and guidance... after the initial shock, hopefully they will come around and be your greatest source of support.
    Beenthere105 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2009, 08:20 AM
    I hope everything goes well for you:) I was in the same situation as you and I opted for something else... My situation was a little complicated and I knew what the long term results would end up being. You can definitely do it though. Il keep you in my prayers. Im 28 now with 1 beautiful 3 year old and I honestly can say I don't know how young mothers do it! My hats off to all:) TIME, ATTENTION, MONEY,LOVE! Any good mother knows its 24 hours a day for the rest of YOUR LIFE. But a true blessing:) I couldn't see a more prestigious job:) motherhood and being a wife. ( Still do work though:))

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Period is late, pregnant? [ 8 Answers ]

I had protected sex (with a condom) with my boyfriend almost 2 1/2 weeks before my period. Also my period is usually about 3 days late every month. I should have gotten my period on the 16th and it's now the 18th. I had felt what I thought to be pre-menstrual cramps but only 2 or 3 times during the...

Late period - could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

My period is about 2 and half weeks late. Since my last period I only had sex once and we used protection, and to my knowledge the condom didn't snap or break or anything. Ive been researching reasons your period can be late but nothing fits in. I'm currently taking a year off uni, I work a...

Late Period -- Pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All =} My name is Stephanie and I am 20 years old, a newlywed at that =] I was married on August the 4th. This is my concern: My last period should have been July 26th, but it came August 2nd and only lasted until the 4th. It was very short and pretty light. I am asuming it was late...

Period late and not pregnant or am I? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi.. hope someone else is able to answer this one.. I was supposed to have AF on May 12.. never came.. now it is June 21st.. and 41 days since last AF.. am I pregnant? What should I do.. did 3 EPT's all negative :confused:

Period is late can I be pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

I was put on Trimethoprim Antibiotics two weeks ago for three days and was wondering CAN TRIMETHOPRIM EFFECT MY PERIODS FROM BEING LATE? My last period was 21st February to the 25th February 2007 I am now two days late. COULD I BE PREGNANT AND CAN TRIMETHOPRIM CAUSE MY PERIODS TO BE LATE?

View more questions Search