Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gms2959 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 02:05 PM
    Employement Application Criminal History
    Is an employer in the state of PA legally allowed to ask an applicant on an employment application if they have a criminal history, and if so when and what? Is there specific wording that can or cannot be used.
    STG Posts: 84, Reputation: 7

Jun 19, 2009, 08:30 PM

Yep... they sure can.

Besides, many companies will run a criminal background check before hiring a candidate. By asking up front, they can ensure that the background check yields no surprises... as well as get an idea of how honest you are.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 19, 2009, 08:44 PM

They may ask you if you have been convicted of any felony or misdemeanor

They may run criminal history reports showing all of your records.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will a Deportation and criminal record in UAE effect my UK VISA application [ 5 Answers ]

Dear all, I am an Indian working in Delhi. I am planning to go to UK for studies. I used to work in UAE, but unfortunately was deported from UAE to India due to a criminal case. Will this deportation and criminal record be checked by UK embassy before issuing me a VISA? Will UK Embassy issue me...

Criminal Record on Job Application [ 2 Answers ]

I have two public intoxs and criminal mischief (all misdemeanors). I think my criminal record is what's preventing me from getting a job right now. What can I say/put on my job application that doesn't make my record sound so bad? I mean, I just made a couple mistakes and it won't happen again....

Mistake on application for criminal complaint [ 1 Answers ]

I have an application for criminal complaint to appear at trial court of Ma. District Court Department and it is for offense code 138/34C/A, Liquor, Person under 21 Possess. The Offense date is listed as 2/25/2008 but the offense occurred on 2/23/2008. Is this grounds to have this dismissed?

Criminal History [ 7 Answers ]

I have been told that after a 10 year period - a person does not have to disclose their criminal history on employment applications. Can anyone confirm this statement.

Criminal history [ 3 Answers ]

How can I help my husband get a job. He told his xwife I'm going to kill you but because he was angry she was cheating on him to the custody of kids and let put him in jail.

View more questions Search