Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    monica cat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2006, 01:41 PM
    How to start a sales business
    Hi my names paul. I'm new to his so please be patiant and for give my spelling.

I was wandering if any one could tell me where to start when it comes to starting a sales business. I would like to open my own convenance store but I don't no where to start.I ask that you please help me.:o
    cspeeks Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Oct 17, 2006, 08:43 AM
    You 1st need to research the area in which you would have this business, demographics profit anaylsis and marketing. Speak to other convience store managers and owners etc to get their feedback. Then you need to either 1- have lots of start up money or 2- get a loan. You need to look into renting vs buying a location and figure cost, you would need to buy inventory, have an advertising budget to get customers in, ire a staff and be prepared to lose money in the beginning possibly up to the 1st 3 years 98% of small buisnesses do well just to pay for themselves in the 1st 5 years. If you can make it through the 1st 5 years financially you'll be fine. Up to that point you may want to make sure you can pay everything with no profits earned as well as all your bills in the beginning. If you intend to sell alchohal you will prob need something like an abc licence from your state, if you will sell gas etc you will prob have to deal with someone like the weights and measures comptrollers etc. what you are talking about is no small feet esp due to speaking about a retail establishment. Keep in mind I haven't even touched on all the basics just a small sample of what will be involved in starting any business. If you are finacially stable, organised and easily detered, persistent and able to take the bad with the good you will do well otherwise wait until you are more prepared. Also don't forget things like insurance in case of robberies etc

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search