Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blondndisguise5 Posts: 78, Reputation: 7

Jun 17, 2009, 09:18 PM
    The ex used and abused. Now what to do?
    Hey guys! Is anyone struggling with the WAY post break up/ my ex has come back and used/abused me again? Here's some background

3 year high school relationship
    Dumped me in late nov 2008
    Got new girlfriend EARLY dec 2008
    Went nc and deleted him
    May 2009 - think I'm over it so we slowly start talking THEN he breaks up with his girlfriend tells me he stills got feeling.. my relationship at the time was going south and so... fml... I believed it. Hooked up until this month and he was acting lovey dovey the whole time. He says "i dont want any girls i just wanna be single and then eventually end up with you"

Mhmm
    Does anyone else smell the bs?

Anyway guys, I don't know wats wrong with me but the old ticker is hurting and I am moping about. I am PETRIFIED of EVER being in a relationship again. And here is the kicker thatll make you alumni want to shake me. I STILL want to be with this guy. Oy vay. Any advice on this stage? Because at this point I really don't want to bring up my SAME GUY dilemmas to my friends.

What to do? I want to move into the future! I want something concrete to do. Already considering nc but I think my heart needs some fresh ideas please :)
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 10:03 PM

If you want him out of your life then stop talking to him.

In life we choose our own paths but you allowed yourself to be used and emotionally abused. And the sad part is that he knew he could because he had you wrapped around his finger and played with you just for amusement and when he wanted to.

You need to want more and not enable cheating. I mean do you want from a mate and a relationship? Do you love yourself? Are you happy with being be alone? Do you really need to settle-for anything just to feel wanted?

All guys aren't like him but this guy was your addiction. I know addiction are hard to break but you can do anything if you set your mind to it.

Time for a fresh start!
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 10:27 PM

If your willing to go back to someone who used and abused you then you have only yourself to blame when it doesn't turn out.

People don't change , they pretend until they get what they want.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 12:55 AM
    The ex used and abused you because you were there and you allowed it. But you know that.

No new ideas on this one. Kick him to the kerb and out of your life. Go NC.

Get that old ticker fired up about something new and don't mope about - there are lots of really interesting things to do other than obsess about guys that are full of b-$hit.

Movies
    Dinner with friends
    Time with family
    Good books
    Walking in the park
    Swimming in the sea/pool/river/lake
    Doing a course
    Playing games
    Gym
    Shopping

Need I go on?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2009, 04:17 AM

He says he doesn't want anybody right now he wants to be free and single. Translation: He wants you to sit and wait until he is done partying and having his good time. Then come back to you who have been sitting there waiting for him and not having another guy in the meantime.

You don't do that you move on with your life. Then when he wants back
    A. You are with someone that really cares forget him!
    Or
    B. You aren't with anybody at the minute and decide then IF you want to get back with him or NOT.

Do not sit around waiting on him!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2009, 12:30 PM
    what to do? I want to move into the future! I want something concrete to do. Already considering nc but I think my heart needs some fresh ideas please :)
    Your heart doesn't need any fresh ideas, just do the NC and you will get your act together.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ck-354823.html

Don't blame him for what you allow to happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm being abused [ 2 Answers ]

I'm being abused by my mom since ever. I don't noe what is wrong with her but whenever I'm home she'll come up to me and hit, choke, pull me.. for no IN reason. My mom's name is phoua and she thinks she could control my life.. and every time after school I never want to come home and everyday I...

Abused and blackmail [ 7 Answers ]

Since I was young, my parents have abused me in such a way that there had been scars, and wounds physically and emotionally. During these years my sisters have ran away at different times, and it had affected me, and my mum. Recently I ran away from home and a week later my mum was in life...

Was I sexually abused? [ 13 Answers ]

When I was about 13 or 14 years old a male cousin who is nine years older than me fondled me. I really struggle with was I molested. I know that age of consent in my state is 16, but I feel guilty because I just laid there and did not fight back. I now have anxiety issues and no libido with my...

Like being abused [ 8 Answers ]

Yea so I'm trying to figure out why I like when my girlfriend hits me and hurts me both physically and mentally like calling me names like insulting me and I don't know its just hot to me and she wants to know why but I don't know either just wondering I anyone has some helpful suggestions

Can the Internet be abused? [ 8 Answers ]

One of the great things about the internet today,is that anyone anywhere can get their message across to others,no matter who they are,or where they are.Apart from a few repressive areas of the world,most of us with web access can look up the news,info,music,movies,even those awful jpegs of Aunt...

View more questions Search