Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeAnn011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 02:04 PM
    Algebra 2
    Please show me how to answer this. I don't have a clue.

Mr. Lindle invested his $210,000 retirement funds in two bonds, one yielding 8% and one yielding 10%. If his total annual income from both investments is $18,300 how much did he invest at each rate? :confused:
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 03:00 PM
    Let x=the amount invested at 8%

Then, 210000-x is the remaining amount invested at 10%.

So, we have .08x+.10(210000-x)=18300

Solve for x.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Algebra II [ 1 Answers ]

Need help with this system word problem: John works in landscaping. He gets paid $50 for each house he pressure washes and $20 for each lawn he mows. He gets 4 times more jobs for mowing lawns than for pressure washing houses. During a given month, John earned $2600. How many houses did John...

Adv. Algebra 2 [ 2 Answers ]

There are two questions I'm completely lost with. 0.9t = 1+ t. It seems fairly straightforward, but I divide the problem by t and from there it makes no sense. Every answer I come out with, when I check it it doesn't fit. x/(x2-9) + 4/(x+3) = 3/(x2-9) What I do is divide all three parts...

Algebra [ 6 Answers ]

Hi friends I need help with this question 3^x = 10/3 -3^-x (the sign of ^ mean Squared) I need to find the rate of X (the answers are +1, -1) I hope you will be able to help me and show me the way to solve this problem

Algebra ll [ 1 Answers ]

Who know the like radicals of.. Root3(7)...

Algebra TWO [ 1 Answers ]

can someone help me? the directions are to use the given values to write an equation relating x and y. Then find y when x=2. problem: x=1, y=2 PLEASE help!!! thank you:)

View more questions Search