Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 22, 2006, 08:38 AM
    Glad you reminded me... I need to take this bird out freezer... or should I cook a large hen... I haven't had a hen lately... to think about it... I was watching the food channel for some ideas... This Paula cooked this sweet potatoes and coconut and marshmallow entrée... I want to try it... and some chefs were deboning the bird and covering them with stomach lining... that sound good too... and I saw this salad with cornbread and tomatoes salad and cucumber salad... love to experiment with food... after... I write this I am going to the kitchen and get me a large coffee mug... and some dairy creamer and organic sugar in it... excuse me... I need to say raw sugar...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 22, 2006, 02:27 PM
    Who is ready for football, turkey and naps tomorrow!!

I know I am after my test on Monday.

I only have to bring the green bean casserole this year!!
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 22, 2006, 04:13 PM
    Guess what lol... our stove broke down... as well as the burners... my mom is FREAKING out...
    Expert

Nov 22, 2006, 05:44 PM
    She can borrow my stove, I won't be using it tomorrow!!

Nov 23, 2006, 12:01 AM
    Thankfully, after a couple of hours of non-stop panic, we found it was just a fuse problem, so thanksgiving has been saved!
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 23, 2006, 06:45 AM
    Yay! Awesome wizz!

Hey, if anyone wants to know how tempted I am to stuff a cornish hen inside of our bird just to scare my in-laws... Rofl. They love me, because of my sick humor. I know it.:p

Meh, its almost 8am... slept in by accident. The breakfast sausage (for this morning) and our turkey (for a few hours after that) are still frozen. The car won't start, and because I forgot to buy the 'last minutes' before midnight there will be no greenbean casserole (which I happen to love) or mashed potatoes.:confused: The ONE day of the year where important cooking slips my mind.

I'm going back to RickJ's thread, think I might need some of that wine everyone is talking about.:D

Nov 24, 2006, 02:24 AM
    J_9 I just saw your location and that was pretty funny, I chuckled. I have had my times like that before, there have been a few books were I needed to lock myself in my own room so I would actually read them. The funny thing about me is the fact that about 98% of all books I read I end up liking, but before I attempt reading them I feel it is a gigantic burden, however the feeling you get when you finish a book is definitely unique. Also, found out today... jabot is a word. Was playing scrabble and someone pulled that out on me, and I was like yeah right. So was everyone else, and I am still convinced my mom had NO idea what she was talking about, but she looked it up and what do you know... it's a word. It's one in the morning right now and saw "American History X" for the first time tonight, and what a great movie that is, I am still chewing it over in my mind. Anyway I hope everyone's turkey day went well, and see you tomorrow... today.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2006, 03:29 AM
    American History X - awesome filmed. Loved it myself.

Has anyone seen V for Vendetta?
    That's a great movie.. No. 1 for me ;)
    Expert

Nov 24, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Off to take the kids to see Happy Feet today, no shopping for me on Black Friday!!

I will stay as far away from the stores as possible.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, football and L-Tryptophan naps!!

Welcome to the official start of the Christmas Shopping Season.

Nov 24, 2006, 06:52 AM
    My nap was great (the whole 7 minutes of it)! Happy Feet looks adorable! Hope everyone is doing well today, and still feeling full. :)

Nov 24, 2006, 05:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Krs
    American History X - awesome filmed. Loved it myself.

Has anyone seen V for Vendetta??
    Thats a great movie.. No. 1 for me ;)
    I saw it in theatre's it was a very good movie, it really can set you on a mind trip in the beginning when he uses all those words that start with the letter "v"
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2006, 01:37 AM
    So true Wizzkid...

Good Morning people...
    Tired and moody today..
    I HATE MONDAYS :(

Nov 27, 2006, 04:37 AM
    Good morning everyone, is everyone still full from last week? I just watched V for Vendetta last night... it's now on my 'Most Watched' list. Through the entire movie V's voice got me, he sounded so familiar but then, he said the word 'Mister' and then I thought "OMG That's Agent Smith! (Hugo Weaving)" Very good, I liked it.
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2006, 04:49 AM
    Yes that's him. Mr. Smith from the Matrix.

Awesome movie, right. Its my number 1. of this year.

How was thanksgiving?
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2006, 07:10 AM
    Hey Everyone.
    Vacation is over... so sad
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 27, 2006, 08:12 AM
    Good Morning group, Hope everyone had a good holiday and a great weekend. I wore my grandkids out and had 'em crying to stay longer. So if I don't move from this seat all day I hope you understand. 80 degrees for the next two days and then the cold front comes in 25 degrees is the overnight low for the end of the week. That's good snuggling weather, HEHEHE!:D .
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Nov 27, 2006, 08:52 AM
    Had a good thanksgiving--ate too much. Now I have to urge to eat all the time. How do I stop :eek:

We had SNOW today :eek: Yuck! Suppose to be below "0" this week sometime. OMFG

Nov 27, 2006, 09:18 AM
    Crikey...

Our thanksgiving was great, good food, good times. I still have the munchies, too, BIM. Lol.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2006, 09:26 AM
    Our holiday was very nice. Lots of food and time with family.
    It was over 50 degrees here all weekend and again today.
    It is a heat wave for the end of November. I am loving it!
    Snow though next week

Nov 27, 2006, 03:40 PM
    I had a good thanksgiving, had a lot of food, really scrumptous, just basically sat back and chilled. I liked to think I shut down my brain for a couple days and that was much needed. Also won around 100 bucks over the weekend, for some local tourney's, nice pocket change lol. Sadly, today was a Monday and it was my early day, no me gusta. One good thing was that my photo teacher said I had really made a huge improvement on my latest prints and said that there wasn't much he could tell me to do different. And although I am not big into photo, I don't own a camera, and I am definitely not the shining star in that class. But I do work hard it, and that is uncharacteristic of me as school comes kind of easy to me. But I put in the time in the dark room and it's nice to see your fruits of labor flourish. Anyway, I hope everyone's weekend went well and that your not suffering from the Monday blues.

Also, only 27 days of Christmas Shopping left...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Original Lounge [ 1624 Answers ]

Well, folks, I thought I would start a thread that has absolutely NO subject. So, welcome to The Lounge. A great place to chit-chat about everything and nothing. No matter what you want to say here will be off-topic. The menu: Coffee (Val I made it just for you) Kool-aid for Tal I have...

View more questions Search