Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lavanyaa Posts: 190, Reputation: 4

Jun 17, 2009, 09:20 AM
    Root canel operation
    Dr asked my mom to do root canel operation she is panic that whether any side effects occur if she do it!
    Is it so any side effect occur if we do the root canel operation??
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 09:24 AM

I have had 2 root canals before and never had any side effects. But that is not to say there aren't side effects here is a FAQ from dental-health about root canals.

Root Canals Ask The Dentist Questions about endodontic root canal procedures Dental Health Library
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2009, 09:42 AM

Worst side effect is that it's unsuccessful. I know. Had one and it went from a Maryland bridge to dental implant. Love the implant.

It's a relatively painful dental procedure (when the novocain wears off) and may have to be done in multiple visits. Not as bad as "crown lengtening" or "Jaw bone lowering" surgery.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2009, 01:08 PM

KISS is correct, the worst side affect is that the root canal fails and the tooth needs to be removed.

Pain or discomfort varies from person to person. If your mom takes an anti-inflammatory like Advil before the treatment and another 6 hours later she will probably feel no or little discomfort when the freezing comes out. Most people find that the site where the injection was is more tender than the tooth that had the root canal. Be sure the dentist who does the root canal uses a rubber dam to isolate the tooth and prevent bacteria from entering the tooth while being treated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Operation of thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

When I select heat at the thermostat on my goodman furnace and the pilot light is out is the circulating fan supposed to come on/

Shoulder Operation [ 1 Answers ]

OK my husband just got a shoulder operation he has 3 insicions on the top of his shoulder and he is really bruising up around his arm. Lots of aching and pain he says any ideas? And he suppose to get hie other arm done to but I think he will not do it now dude to this experience

The operation [ 3 Answers ]

Jimmy went to his local doctor and stated confidently, 'ive considered the options and decided I was to be castrated' The doctor is rather shocked at this and asks why he wants to do that? Jimmy replies 'well my friend had it done and said it drastically improved his sex life', The...

Remote fan operation [ 1 Answers ]

Having a problem with the remote control of a hampton bay fan. It will not change from the reverse mode. Operated fine for about 1 year. Any clues?

Operation error? [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to access a local (national chain) hardware site there is a message that says that the operation was aborted. How do I correct this error message? It only appears when I try to go to this one website. Thanks

View more questions Search