Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    klowe1129 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 08:07 AM
    Posting on journal
    Transaction: purchased land worth 54,000 for an office by paing 5,400 cash and sign a long-term note payable 48,600.

Would I put land in my journal even though the cash and note payable added together is equal to the land
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2009, 12:01 PM

Your journal entry is:
    Debit Land for 54,000
    Credit Cash for 5,400
    Credit Notes Payable for 48,600

Note: Your Debits and Credits should always balance

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Posting transaction in journal [ 1 Answers ]

How do you post this transaction in a journal Recorded services provided on account for the period Oct 13-20 $2,100

General Journal Posting [ 4 Answers ]

If you have a general journal entry that is an infusion of capital of say 10,000 cash, I would debit cash and credit capital for the amount. However, when you post the entries, where do those balances go? What happens to the general journal entries? Do they stay for the entire fiscal year or are...

Posting to a Journal [ 1 Answers ]

How do I post the following: Repair service performed for $600.00 cash and $900.00 on account?

Posting a adjusting journal entry [ 1 Answers ]

How would you post a journal entry when you received the cash in advance for a service to be done in the middle of the month but don't complete the services by the last day of the month? Would you have to do anything? Or would you just wait until the work is done to enter it?

View more questions Search