Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Landim01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 06:33 AM
    Answering the phone on an IT Service Desk
    Hello

I currently have a 1st line engineer who's main responsibility, on the IT Service Desk, is to answer the phone, log the details of the incident etc... however the attitude of this engineer is a cause for concern.

I'm looking for a training course that the engineer can attend which will address these isses and show them the correct procedures when answering the phone... has anyone got any ideas..

:)
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2009, 06:38 AM

Give him a job Mopping floors, cleaning trash cans for a week, then ask if he wouldn't mind going back to his old job(answering phones and log details).
    lshadylady Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Sep 4, 2009, 07:59 PM

Are his engineering skills in question? Maybe he is over qualified for a receptionist?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 14, 2009, 08:06 PM

Are you looking for phone skills; politeness, thoroughness, people person attitude, diction, etc?

If so, this would relate to the skills necessary for salespersons using the phone. There are many articles about fine tuning these skills.

Stringer
    perdomo Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Sep 17, 2009, 09:18 AM

Does he fully understand his role - that may be the only problem. Interpersonal skills workshops are located everywhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Service desk? [ 5 Answers ]

What is the difference between a help desk and a service desk?

ERP Service Desk - Cost per call [ 3 Answers ]

What is the average cost per call per user for an ERP system

Passion at service desk [ 1 Answers ]

What is your passion at service desk-what drives you

Service Desk & Project Management Solutions [ 3 Answers ]

I see a lot of Help Desk and\or Project Management software packages on the market; however, does anyone have any experience with any packages that are all-inclusive of both of these disciplines?

Will not answering my son's father's phone calls hurt a court case? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, I have yet to ever file for full custody, but my son's father is popping back up in the picture again and I continue to not answer any of his calls. If we were to go to court, would not answering his calls hurt me in court? I will admit that I am trying my hardest to keep my son from his...

View more questions Search