Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jemster303 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 02:19 AM
    Gr cherokee trunk strut replacement
    I purchased a new trunk strut for my 95 Jeep Gr Cherokee and I thought I could replace it myself but the instructions were a bit hazy. I know you are supposed to pry the ring from the bottom where the ball socket is but the top appears to have a special bolt that I don't know how to remove. Help? :confused:
    Thanks
    Joni
    mazak Posts: 148, Reputation: 5

Jun 17, 2009, 12:03 PM

I believe its just a nut that holds it on at the top.get the proper size wrench or socket ,and unscrew the nut. Hope it helps.
    jemster303 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2009, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mazak View Post
    i believe its just a nut that holds it on at the top.get the proper size wrench or socket ,and unscrew the nut. hope it helps.
    But the nut is smooth so I'm wondering if it takes a special tool... or?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 Honda Accord strut replacement [ 4 Answers ]

Front Strut replacement. Removing the bolt from the bottom of the damper fork is becoming a problem. After removing the nut, the bolt does not want to come out. I can barely turn it by putting a 17mm 1/2" drive socket on it... this after the nut was removed. I tried hitting it out of the damper...

Strut Bars - What to look for [ 2 Answers ]

I was looking at purchasing a strut bar for my vehicle - a Honda Civic. I've seen many options and prices. I've seen some low priced $22.00 strut bars from no-name companies, claiming they use lightweight aircraft quality materials to strut bars well in excess of $200 - $300 that use aluminum,...

1994 Caddy Trunk Motor Won't Close Trunk [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I have a 94 Caddy that the trunk closure motor,(see images) won't operate when the lid's closed. I've checked the 15 amp fuse and it's intact and not blown, Is there anything I've missed. Is there a override so I can close the trunk. I have a week before rain's forecast in my area but...

2000 Ford Taurus Front (Quik) Strut Replacement [ 0 Answers ]

How-to Replace Front Quick Struts on Most Ford Tauruses Strut sale promotions tend to be in April and October. Removal: 1. Loosen lug nuts, raise vehicle, and support securely on jack stands, placed under the sub frame. Remove front wheel. 2. Loosen, but do not remove, three upper...

Changing rear Strut 93 Tempo [ 1 Answers ]

The rear strut is bad on my 93 Tempo. Instruction on getting it out and replacing? Do I compress the spring before or after removing the old strut? Thanks for any help.

View more questions Search