Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arniej Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2006, 09:09 AM
    Rejection
    My wife is 60 years old, her insurance rates keep going up and up in spite of the fact that she is in perfect health but for high blood pressure. Her Dr tells her that she has "white coat hypertension" i.e. her blood pressure is elevated only in the Dr's office, it is normal at home. Her mother and father both lived to be over 90 as did her grandfather and grandmother; they ALL had the elevated blood pressure. Blue cross low cost policy rejected her three years ago. She wants to apply for a new policy, it asks if she has been rejected in the last five years? She is afraid of ending up with a second rejection; thoughts?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2006, 09:34 AM
    I strongly suggest she hold off for a bit... at least until you're sure you've spoken to an upstanding, reliable and honest agent. Rejections are black marks (as you might have guessed from the fact that they asked the question to begin with) that she should not have too many of.

I would seek a trusted agent to go over all options with you - and try to get her placed with a company that the agent knows in advance will probably take her.

I suggest you ask as many people that you trust as you can for suggestions on a good health insurance agent; One who can be counted on to give good info rather than just take an application.

Oct 12, 2006, 06:40 AM
    +++
    Thanks for the advice, I will follow it.
    velvetjones Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Oct 23, 2006, 06:27 PM
    It could be the Dr that may be making your wife uncomfortable, the medical assistants or even the setting that may raise the blood pressure?

Oct 24, 2006, 06:45 AM
    Good points, I will investigate.
    Thank you
    velvetjones Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Oct 24, 2006, 02:59 PM
    If I don't like the Doc, I fire 'em. We have to remember that they have been hired by US, not the other way around. It's OK to do a Donald Trump! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Insurance Rejection - need help [ 8 Answers ]

I do appreciate if anyone can help. My case is as follows: I did a physical examination on July 11, 2005, several weeks after I came to America, and on April 19, 2006 my doctor arranged me another physical examination without telling me it's necessary or not when I only requested immunization...

Rejection [ 2 Answers ]

What happen to our emotion and body when you are rejected?

View more questions Search