Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

Jun 16, 2009, 10:27 PM
    Kitten peeing on the Bed
    Ok, my best friend just got a kitten today and it is a boy, nuetered and got its rabbie shots. She brought it home and put him down. He, of course, ran under the bed. She put him on her bed and he has been sleeping a lot there. But he pees on the bed.

I don't think he has ever been introduced to a litterbox. She got him from a woman who had the cat mother outdoor and probably let him go outdoor. My question is, how does she get him to use it. What is the best way to go about it? Ive given her a few suggestions but Im no expert..

He's eaten a little of his dry food.. he's really young.. only a month. Is there any thing that's better to feed him?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2009, 10:35 PM

He's far too young to be away from his mother. Buy canned kitten milk at a pet store and also canned kitten food that he can have a little of now and then. Dry food has to be soaked with water to make it mushy. He probably barely has teeth if he is that young.

Get a smallish litter box filled with scoopable litter, put him in it, gently rub his front paws along the surface now and then so he gets the idea.

He is probably scared to death to be away from Mom and his siblings, thus the peeing and hiding.

Are you SURE he has been neutered? He's awfully young for that--too young, in fact. And a rabies shot could kill him at this age.
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

Jun 16, 2009, 10:39 PM

Wow really? I didn't know any of that. She just told me he had been weined, although his age did seem like a in the face thing. Wow. Thank you for this info. Anything is very helpful. I hope the kitten is OK. O.o
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 16, 2009, 10:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzball_Kara View Post
    Wow really? I didn't know any of that. She just told me he had been weined, although his age did seem like a in the face thing. Wow. Thank you for this info. Anything is very helpful. I hope the kitten is ok. O.o
    Kittens aren't fully weaned until maybe 12 weeks of age when Mom finally kicks them away and has taught them how to hunt (outdoors). In fact, a stray cat showed up in March at my back door, we have been feeding her, and a week ago she brought over five of the most adorable, chubby little black kittens, about six weeks of age. They will eat a little of the solid food we give her (mostly the gravy part), then push her over to nurse.

In order to be healthy and well-adjusted, they should stay with Mom for at least four to six more weeks. Meanwhile, we are petting them and trying to socialize them so we can find homes for them. I also want to get Mom spayed so we don't end up with more kittens. The world has enough homeless kittens and cats.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Jun 17, 2009, 10:36 AM
    He's neutered, though. I didn't think vets would neuter a little kitten.
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2009, 07:15 PM

They don't usually give them rabies that young either. Are you sure he is that age?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten peeing in bed [ 3 Answers ]

My mum and dads boy kitten keeps peeing in there bed and they don't know what to do to stop him, any suggestions? Would really help.

8 week old kitten peeing in and out of the litter box [ 5 Answers ]

Hiya all, I got a new kitten she is 8 weeks old. She has ear-mites which we are treating and we believe worms. We have an older cat he is 1yr. Our cat gets along with the kitten though he plays a bit rough at times. Our problem though lies in the fact that our kitten is peeing both inside...

Kitten peeing in house [ 1 Answers ]

My kitten is 5 months old on the 12th Nov. She has recently been peeing in this one corner of the house about a metre away from her litter tray. She knows she is doing it as just now we cleaned her tray out and she peed in the corner of the room. She is litter trained, she has been perfect since I...

Peeing kitten [ 1 Answers ]

My kitten stinker is 8 months old and is my little man but gets jealous and pissy at me when my boyfriend is over or when I am not paying enough attention to him. He pees on my bed. He does not have an infection and this has to stop yesterday! I alone am supporting the dry cleaning industry! ...

How to get kitten to stop peeing on beds? [ 3 Answers ]

My kitten is about 5 months old now and she keeps peeing on beds. Do you know how to get her to stop? :confused:

View more questions Search