Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kvazquez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 07:30 PM
    Huskee Rear Axle
    What kind of oil do I use for the rear axle? It was cleaned and now needs to be lubed again but not sure what to use.

Thanks
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jun 21, 2009, 10:57 AM

Hi,
    Little idea what to say with so little info. Rider or walk behind? Gear or hydro? Gear units use a special grease, Havoline or other sythetic will do, blue or red. Hydros now will work with 10W30, but age matters.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rear axle on my hydrostat mower is sliding out! [ 2 Answers ]

I have a riding lawn mower and the rear axle is sliding out. How do I go about repairing this? It appears to be held in with a clip at the end of the axle which would require me taking the hydrostat rear end apart to fix. Any advice or information would be very helpful. Thanks

Snapper SR120 rear axle removal [ 1 Answers ]

I need to disassemble the rear axle assembly to repair the right drive planetary. How do I get the rear axle drive apart?

LT 1000 Craftsman rear axle slipping out [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman LT 1000 16.5hp the right rear axle keeps slipping out of the housing and then it will disengage and quit moving. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to fixing this or maybe even how to get a service manual I do not know how old it is I got it second...

View more questions Search