Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gurl2gurl Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2009, 05:12 PM
    Lifting during pregnancy
    I am 5 weeks pregnant and I was wandering if lifting my 50 lbs dog to put him in the bath tube could make me have a miscarriage?
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 16, 2009, 06:04 PM

Typically you can resume normal activities unless the doctor states differently. Doing it once in awhile should be okay, just listen to your body. You know when you are straining too much and when you should relax. That is really the key, just knowing your limits.

I put siding on a house, hung curtains, and fell on my ice covered front porch getting the mail, all in the same pregnancy. She turned out fine and is 11 now, just listen to your body.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2009, 06:23 PM

Every woman and pregnancy is different, you should listen to your body and talk to your doc about this lifting. I know my pregnancies have been high risk because of a prior medical condition so I am usually on bed-rest when pregnant and absolutely no lifting for me.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2009, 06:41 PM

Why take the chance? Anything can happen. Every women is different. Are you at any risk of having a miscarriage right now?

Doctors will agree here. That there are so many different possibilities of miscarriages. A lot of times when a women has a miscarriage it is unexplained.

Hope you get back to us all. Let us know how things are going.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lifting his leg [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get my five year old Shih Tzu to stop lifting his left. He has already gone to the bathroom so most of this is just simple leg lifting.

Pregnancy lifting [ 2 Answers ]

How many pounds can I lift while I am pregnant?

Weight lifting [ 2 Answers ]

Ive gotten to the point now where I divide my exericses groups into day such as my chest and legs one day and then my biceps and triceps the next time I work out etc.. I just wondering should I be doing multiple exercises per muscle so do three chest exercises on the day I do my chest and so on? ...

Shop lifting [ 3 Answers ]

Someone, anyone I need some answers real fast. I'm in Canada and I was caught shop lifting. I was charged of course and I'm waiting for my court appearance, needless to say I'm scarred and the way I see it I should be. I have a bi polar disorder for the last 25 years. And for some stupid...

View more questions Search